Chapter One

Hello my lovelys :3

Sorry that i have taken my slow ass time, but i have finally uploaded!! Wooooh! I would just like to make a mention to @theotherday for making the most beautiful cover ever i absolutely love it you can see it as my cover right there >>>>>>>>

Also a big mention to everyone who entered the competition for my new cover for Kingdoms i shall be showing them all on the side >>>>>

So this first cover was made by the lovely @heartburningwithfire <3

Enjoy dearies :3 <3xx

Jess <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter One

Lucinda stared at a large grandfather clock that ticked away confidently across the perfectly decorated foyer of the royal palace of Greden. Lucinda was dressed in a pale pink flowing gown that made her long brown loose curls shine down her back. She wasn't wearing her crown on this spring morning or any other day previously this week as it annoyed her. Lucinda didn't seem the point in parading around a symbol of royalty if she was never going to be able to grasp the chance of real power, not while she is just a plain un married princess and not while her older sister was breathing. Lucinda was in a predicament, she was a princess, but an un-noticed one. Ever since Lucinda was born she was always second choice, as Mary (Lucinda's older sister) was heir to the throne since their mother was un blessed with a son before their father tragically passed away from a jousting accident. Unlike Lucinda, Mary had waving blonde hair matching their mother and crystal blue eyes that would focus on tasks for long extended periods of time while Lucinda contained brown wide cow like eyes that lost interest within ten minutes.

That returns us to now. Lucinda suddenly found herself uncomfortable in the wooden arch chair and rose to pace awaiting her mother. Lucinda was kept in the dark about most things but this time Lucinda knew. Mary was ill. Not the ill where your nose runs and highly annoying thumping that progresses in your head. No. A serious illness, life threatening. Mary hadn't been at Greden Court for almost two weeks now and she hadn't been out riding, which was Mary's favourite thing to do. It was as if she was avoiding human contact and that's what got Lucinda so very worried. What if it was worse than an illness? What if Mary had been kidnapped? Held for ransom? With that thought Lucinda saw a flash of gold and red flash in the corner of her eye as she turned desperately to the source of her mother Helen approaching her hurriedly with a dreaded look upon her pointed face.

"Come Lucinda." Helen's serious tone flooded Lucinda with stone cold memories. Ever since her father had passed away her mother reverted all of her attention towards Mary the next in line and pushed further and further away from Lucinda as if she was of bastard born. Which Lucinda at first didn't all mind as she was free to do whatever she desired since her mother wasn't overly concerned about her safety. She travelled, took up combat training, even learnt the ways of poker and won countless games again many who challenge her. All was extremely fun, but seeing Mary get all the attention and affection that Lucinda yearned for drained Lucinda making her almost bitter towards her mother and little social with her sister.

But now that could all change as Lucinda followed her mother down the marble framed hallway decorated with paintings of beautiful landscapes and past kings and queens leading towards Mary's bed chambers. Walking down this hallway struck Lucy of childhood memories of her and Mary racing down the hallway escaping the grasp of an angry cook they had just stolen freshly baked cookies from at the age of seven, or the time they snuck their pet black Labrador Charlie in the castle at nightfall so he wouldn't feel so lonely in the kennel at the age of nine, followed by the memories of countless games that drove their mother insane at the age of ten, but when their father died when Lucinda was only eleven and Mary twelve the once fun loving hallway turned empty, almost as empty as Lucinda felt walking towards Mary's bed chambers.

Helen looked over at Lucinda with an uncertain look in her eyes as they continued their walk in pure silence. Mary's door became visible and Lucinda filled with dread and anticipation as they approached the closed door. Lucinda didn't know if it was her nervousness or the fright of whatever lied behind the closed door, but her legs began to carry her faster as she ran to the door, bursting it open just in time to see the physician's fingers pull the lids of Mary's precious blue orbs down putting out the spark that had once filled them and proclaimed the words that sent shivers down to her core. "Rest in Peace Queen Mary Elizabeth Rosella Dawson of Greden. Long live the queen."