Bargains with Kisses

Adrien's POV

I paced back to Marinette's room, to apologize. And to see her. I can't believe how quickly Lila was to act. I mean, we've only known each other for two days. And she expected a kiss? Is that what romance was really about? 

I knocked on Marinette's doors and one of her maids came to it.

"Good day." I said to her as a small blush appeared on her cheeks. "May I speak to Lady Marinette?"

Her maid uncertianly looked at Marinette, then let me in. "Of course."

I stepped  in, and Marinette was on her bed. "Adrien," she smiled.

"Lady Marinette,  I just want to apologize for leaving you so rudely earlier. Lila was... is..."

"Is what?" She said.

"My encounter with her was .... awkward, and pushed, and just...wrong." I shook my head in frustration. 

She frowned. "Do you want to talk about it."

I was surprised. "W-Would you listen to me?"

She looked at me like I was insane. "Of course I will. What are friends for?"

My eyes lit up. "F-Friends?"

She smiled, and ducked her head to hide a  blush. "No, we're enemies who can't stand to see each other." She added, "Note the sarcasm."

I laughed. "Follow me, m'lady."

I walked into the hallway with her.

"So?" She said. "What's up with Miss Lila Rossi The Great?"

I sighed. "She...tried...to...um...".  "What?"

"She tried to seduce me." I babbled quickly. 

Marinette wasn't shocked or surprised at all. She just laughed. "Typical, typical Lila."

"You're...not surprised?"

"I had the unfortunate pleasure of getting to know her true colors back on the plane ride." 

"Oh." I said simply. "She tried to kiss me."

Marinette didn't answer. She just continued walking. 

A smirk grew on my face. "Of course, I told her the only person I was willing to kiss was you."

Realization hit me too late.  I realized what I just said. Heat rushed to my face. Marinette ducked her head down. "Thanks a lot." She mumbled. "Now she's going to target me."

"You...wouldn't mind it?"

"Mind what?"

"Me...kissing...you?" I said hopefully. 

She bit her lip and turned away. "I prefer being friends for now." She said.

My heart dropped. "Oh." The satisfaction of having a friend was fine too, I guess. 

"Would you accompany me tomorrow in the garden?" I asked.

She playfully hit my arm. "You're spending too much time with me! The other girls will hunt me down!" She laughed.

"I suppose you're right." I put my finger on my chin. "Nevertheless, I will spend the day with all of them tomorrow."

Marinette raised an eyebrow. "All nine ?"

"Yes! That way, after dinner time, we can take a midnight stroll in the garden!" I said triumphantly.

"If you manage to actually manage to spend quality romance time with nine girls tomorrow." Marinette spoke as if she wouldn't believe it.

"Do you want to barter?" I said.

Marinette considered it, then agreed. "Fine. If I loose, you get your evening. If I win..." Marinette thought about what she wanted. "I want to wear pants for a week."

I nodded. "I shall see you tomorrow night."

"Only if you win." She smirked.

"As I shall." I commmented, hoping I sounded smart.

Her smirk only grew. "Ah, your majesty. You seem to forget. Lila is part of those nine girls."

I mentally slapped myself. How could I forget. "Eight girls?"

She shook her finger. "Can't back out now." She grinned.

I groaned. "Fine."

She laughed. Her laugh was different from the rest. It wasn't flirty, nor was it high-pitched. It wasn't a giggle or a chuckle. It sounded musical. 

YAAAAAAASSSSS!!!!! Two chapters in ONE DAY!!! YAY!

Hope you liked this chapter. Adrienette is finally starting to bloom! But of course, something HAS to come along and ruin everything. More like a someone. MWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

BYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!