Part 22

UNEDITED

Part – 22

--------

“The Pain You Feel Today, Will Be The Strength You Feel Tomorrow”

--------

“Naira, I actually want to tell you something…” Sabeer started tentatively.

“Yeah, tell me?” she braced herself for whatever he was going to tell.

“Let’s be friend?” he blurted out.

“Um… we’re already friends, aren’t we?” Naira asked in confusion.

“Yeah, of course, but… we are not as close as you and Roshan”

“Roshan and I are work partners, Sab, so obviously we spend lots of time together and we get to know each other better but that doesn’t mean there is something going on between us…”

“I didn’t say there is something going on between you two and you should stop putting words in my mouth” he said getting little pissed at her presumptuous nature.

“I’m so…”

“Don’t. Don’t say sorry. I’ve heard enough of it for today.” He raised his palm up stopping her mid sentence.

“Look, Naira, I’m not telling you are close with Roshan just because you both work together. I’m telling you this because I have seen you and Roshan together since our childhood. Whenever I come to your place to attend yours or your brothers’ birthday parties or on any other occasions, I have seen you trailing behind him like a love stuck puppy…”

“No, you mistook me…”

“Let me finish, please?” he asked politely.

“Okay” she nodded letting him talk first and decided to justify her action later.

“Even I have seen you attending the ‘R’ brothers’ (Roshan, Rohan & Rohit) birthday parties but you never attended mine, why?”

“I was scared of your dad, Roe…”

“Sab” he corrected. Naira scrunched her eyes and cursed under her breathe for being a foolhardy.

“I’m sorry. I… we were talking about Roe… so it just slipped out of my tongue”

“It’s okay. Cool!” he brushed it aside. She silently thanked her stars and decided to keep her mouth shut unless and until he asked her to speak.

“I didn’t get you, Naira. You were scared of my dad?” he asked with a confused frown. Of all the people out in this world she was scared of his dad who had never ever hurt even an ant.