Chapter 1

It was a chilly September morning and the McClain family were all in their Gryffindor robes, except for one. They pushed their trolleys and made their way towards platform 9 3/4.

Lance McClain stood at the gate of the Hogwarts express. His mama and grandmother stood behind him and his three siblings. He looked down at his little sister, Veronica, it was her first year at Hogwarts. She looked up at her favorite older brother, looking very nervous. "Lancy? What if I get put into a wrong house? Weren't you nervous too?"

"Well of course, kiddo. I was petrified. I was definitely worried I would end up in the same house Keith Kogane." Lance sighed. He's my rival. We will never get along. He thought to himself but shrugged it off. He looked down, squeezing her hand to comfort her. "Come on guys, we have to get on the train before all the compartments are taken." 

His brothers, Marco and Luis, pushed and shoved to get through the gate. "Hey! Quit it! Let me go first!" Marco had yelled at his brother.

Lance came up behind them, smacking them upside the head. "Knock it off! I am not dealing with the two of you all year. I would like to enjoy my last year." 

"Ow! Hey!" They said in unison, growling at their older brother. "Why do you hate me?" Luis frowned as he rubbed his head.

"Alright children, lets go before you are very late for the train." Their mother pushed them all in one by one with their luggage. 

The Hogwarts Express was there all red and beautiful. The platform was, as always, busy this time of year. Parents helping their children with their trolleys. Students carried pet cages and books, especially Lance's best friends Hunk Garrett  and Katie, A.K.A. Pidge Holt. "Lance!" They waved at him. Hunk was a Hufflepuff, while Pidge was in their well ironed well kept Ravenclaw robe. 

"Hunk! Pidge! Hey guys! How were your summers?" He asked, even though they have basically written letters all summer long. "Oh! Veronica is starting the best years of her life!"

"Welcome to Hogwarts, Ronnie!" Hunk hugged her tight. He was always the big teddy bear. Hunk has always been part of the McClain family. 

"To...tight...!" Veronica giggled, pushing him away. She couldn't help but smile and was very excited! "I want to placed in Ravenclaw, like you Pidgeon!"

"Ha! In your face suckers!" They jumped up and down, bragging to all the people around their friends and family. 

"Oh you hush, shorty. Don't forget who won all his quidditch matches and also won house cup." Lance crossed his arms, as he said very sassily. 

"Okay ladies, you're both pretty." Hunk chuckled. "Lets find our seats please." They all nodded in agreement.

The four of them found Lance's mama, before boarding the train. They all gave hugs and kisses. Lance's mom started tearing up. "Lance, look after Veronica dear and please send letters!"

"We will mama, I promise." He placed a kiss on her cheek. "We'll see soon, remember? We're coming home for Christmas."

"Yes, dear. Enjoy this year and don't get into any trouble." His mama turned to Hunk, giving him a goodbye hug as well. "Hunk, please make sure he stays out of trouble."

"I will, ma'am." The Hufflepuff smiled.

Mrs. McClain smiled and said her last goodbyes. Lance linked his arms with Hunk and Pidge. His sister held Pidge's free hand as they walked onto the train.

Once they were on the train, they noticed most of the compartments were taken and full of students. Lance frowned when they had to sit towards the front of the train. Only one student sat there. That student, to Lance's disappointment was Keith Kogane, a Slytherin.

~to be continued~