Chapter-8

Evelyn's (POV)

It's been over a day since the girl came to our house and nobody has even called an ambulance. She hasn't woken up since "the accident" because Mitch keeps giving her the pills. He says that he will take her off then today so she can eat and drink.

Mitch says we don't need the ambulance when you have a doctor in the house but I think in this case, we should call 911. I haven't called yet because... Well I really don't know why I haven't called. Just so I don't hurt Mitch's feelings I guess.

I hear a loud groan and figure it was just Jerome but it sounded more feminine. I hurry to the door opening it quietly but quickly. I jumped down the stairs and into the living room taking careful steps.

When I enter is hear a yelp from the girl on the couch and she stares into my eyes. She looks as shocked as I am.

"Thank you. Thank you for saving me. I would have been dead without you. Thank you much." She says in a whisper.

I looked at her almost as if I had seen a ghost. I stalked over to her and took a seat next to the girl. She looked at me with big eyes and smiled.

"I have never had anyone care about me before. And you do. I don't know this feeling. Why did you save me?"

I thought about her questions for a few moments. Why did I save her? Why did I save her? I guess because I couldn't stand to see someone die before me.

"It would be wrong not to have helped you. You would have died right there. If it haven't been for Mitch... You would not be here right now." I replied. She looked at me as if I was insane. She shook her head a little and looked back at me.

"Who is Mitch?" She looked at me with a confused gaze.

"He's the one who saved you. He went to medical school-surprisingly- and took care of your wounds. What happened anyways?"

"I was just walking down the street to get to Walmart and when I crossed the road-BAM- a car hit me." She shuttered a bit when she said the last line of her sentence.

She was hit by a fucking car. AND LIVED. With no ambulance or anything. This is truly a miracle that I don't need in my life but is here anyways.

"What's your name?" I asked curiosity taking over me.

"Alex." She said, her eyes lowering.

"I love that name. You know, I used to want that name when I was younger. I actually pretended my name was Alex for about 7 months. People would call me Evelyn
and I wouldn't respond to them until they called me Alex. It's a very pretty name." I say. It's true. I have always loved the name Alex.

"Glad someone likes something about me."

"What do you mean?" I asked eagerly. What did she mean? 'Someone like something about me'? She's cool as far as I can tell.

"Nobody likes me that's all." She doesn't show any emotion at all. She just stares at the wall blankly.

"Oh that can't be true. I like you. Your parents-" I was cut off by Alex.

"No they don't. They ditched me a while ago along with all my siblings. I have no friends, no home, no job, and no boyfriend. People avoid even looking at me. Everyone hates me."

She must be lying. She better be lying. That's horrible! Who would even think about doing that???

"That's so sad. I'm sorry. Well I care about you. Why else did you think I saved you? Or Mitch at least." I replied to horrid comment.

"That reminds me," he put her finger on her chin looking up, then looked at me again. "When will I meet this 'Mitch'?"