Chapter 4: The job

(Sorry it takes so long for me to make chapters. I've had a crazy past two weeks. Life is difficult sometimes. But hey more of my art)

Tord's POV

I walked down the hall, my heels clicking on the hard linoleum. Not many soldiers were in the building right now. They're scheduled to train right now, so only some guards, higher ranked soldiers, scientists, and a few other exceptions remain out and about.

The head scientist passed by in a rush, he probably had an 'emergency' as he calls them. But him hurrying by without stopping and examining my arm , like he just did, just means he hasn't been out of the lab in 2-3 days and that he was going to get food or use the bathroom. He was a strange man but he got the job done.

I continued to the communications room. I tried not the make a hiccup in my movements. I couldn't trip, or just strut around, I had a reputation to uphold.

After getting there I made contact with with the aliens and began my negotiation.

Tom's POV

I examined my uniform once more.

Today is the day.

I made my way out of the room and walked down the hall.

I won't take no for an answer.

I went straight to his office and flung open the door, "Red leader-!"

He wasn't there.

Where is he?

I shut the door and looked around. I saw Pat. Maybe Pat would know where he is.

"Hey Pat! Do you know where the Red leader is?"

"He's in the negotiation room, why?"

"Today is the day!"

"Tom, are you sure? He already said no before-"

"I'm gonna cut him off if he says no"

"Wow Tom"

"Well, I want my job back Pat, I hate sitting at home and acting like a house husband"

"Have you tried... 'persuading' him, instead?"

I squinted, "What do you mean by, 'persuading'"

"You know-", he raised his eyebrows.

"Oh- OOOH- Yeah, no I haven't tried anything like that yet"

"Well, trust me it's worth a try"

(Look, this is just filler. Idk if I'm even gonna continue this fic, I'm sorry)