In Nobody's Eyes But Mine (Saturn x Male! Reader)

(Yo, mod Col ⚙️ here. I'm not the BEST writer, but I like to call myself successful. Anyways, read it, or something.)

(This focuses more on Saturn than anything, because i have no idea on how to write x readers smh)

(You all know the drill: 
(Y/N) = your name

(E/C) = eye color

(F/F) = favorite flower [i ran out of ideas okay h]

(H/C) = hair color

Happy reading~)

"So, uh.. promotion day, huh?"

The older man looked to (Y/N) in confusion, and the (H/C) laughed again.

(Y/N) and Saturn had known each other since childhood. They'd met in elementary school after they ended up in the principal's office together. Saturn was simply turning in his news report, and (Y/N) was waiting for his turn in the principal's actual office because he threw dirt on his classmate earlier that day. (Y/N) was a sucker for getting his hands dirty, and he luckily landed a job at a nearby flower shop, but he doesn't mind one bit. Saturn, on the contrary, who was more reformed and poised, joined Galactic. He didn't know what he was getting into at the time, but he figured he'd stay as long as the pay was good.
Back when he was a grunt, at least.
But the two continued to talk through middle school, high school, and college, and they now share an apartment.

"Isn't it your promotion day? At Galactic HQ, or whatever." He said again, shrugging as he flashed Saturn a smile. Saturn only rested his hands on his lap, a faint blush becoming visible on his cheeks as he nodded. "Yeah.. I'm being promoted to an administrator. Hopefully I don't have too rough of a time."

"And what about that short guy? Your boss? Do you still have to call him 'master' and that stuff?"

"Yeah.. embarrassing, still, but it's better than when I first got the job."

(Y/N) sent him a reassuring smile, leaning against the wall to look down at the other. "Yeah, I get that. When do you have to leave?"

Just recently, (Y/N) had been feeling a little different about the living situation. He'd been confused with his 'taste'.. he didn't know the word for it at the time, but his sexuality. Was he just so closeted away from women? Or were these true feelings for Saturn? He didn't know. But after a while of looking into it, he couldn't help but be flustered around Saturn unless he played things suavely. And what better thing to do than to let him know how he felt on his promotion day?

To ready himself for the event, he'd started his work weeks prior. (Y/N) took care in planting a row of (F/F) for a bouquet he'd put together for Saturn. Then again, what else could he do? So after days of working in the chilly rooftop garden of the apartment during the early morning hours, (Y/N) was finally satisfied, and now a delicately blue and silver-wrapped bouquet was hiding behind the curtain of the windowsill.

'He's too caring,' Saturn looked down at his watch, 'why is he so curious all of a sudden..?'             A tap on the shoulder made the blue-haired man look up with a questioning hum. (Y/N) looked at him with furrowed brows, chuckling as he tilted his head. "How long does it take you to tell time, catboy?" The smaller man teased, slipping into the empty space beside Saturn on the couch. Saturn narrowed his eyes and huffed. "Don't call me that."

"Sorry, great Admin Saturn."

The bluette began to retort with an open mouth, but after a pause, he eventually gave in and laughed quietly. "Now, you can call me that."
"Of course, Master Saturn."
"It's got a ring to it."
"Does it now, evil overlord and leader of all Saturn?"
"Now I feel like Cyrus. Stop that."
(Y/N) giggled, leaning against Saturn. "You couldn't be evil, anyways. I'd have to take you down-"
Saturn's cheer faltered a bit. (Y/N) didn't know about the 'genius plan to disguise the team as an electric warehouse'. And any way that he found out would be horrible.

"-But seriously though, what time are you leaving?"
He shrugged again, crossing his legs. "It starts at one. It's eleven right now, so I'd might as well stay a little while."
(Y/N) paused, then nodded, still against Saturn. After a moment of silence, he spoke up. "Hey, catboy..?"

Saturn glanced at him, his face calm. "Hmm?"

"You're a real good friend.. can't believe you're still here."

He was taken aback by that, and (Y/N) let out a sigh, getting up to head over to the windowsill.

"What do you mean..?" Saturn asked quietly, fully looking to the other man. His cobalt eyes were focused on the (E/C) orbs until he couldn't see them. The (H/C) slid back the curtain, took the bouquet, and turned back around with a tiny smile.

"I'm a florist, Saturn. I go out and plant stuff, nothin' special. And look at you! Workin' in a fancy place with great pay. You don't get all dirty or anything."
(Y/N) huffed, chuckling as he stepped back over to Saturn, offering them to him. "I'm saying that we're two entirely different people, and we've stuck together all these years. I thank you for that. I really do."

He couldn't believe what the other was saying, and a furious blush spread across the both of their faces as the older male took the flowers.

"B-Because I think I like you. More than this close friend gig. I want more. And I understand you pr-probably don't want to hear this on such an important day for you, but I th-think I love you."

"(Y/N)..."

(Y/N) looked up, his hands behind his back as he shifted his weight from leg to leg nervously. A cold sweat invisibly drenched him. Meanwhile, Saturn stared down at the flowers, a bewildered grin on that oh-so-pretty face of his.

"These are lovely," he hummed, his voice surprisingly steady, "but the thought you put into this is even lovelier."

"I d-didn't know what else to do. I'm just an idiot that likes plants." (Y/N) scratched the back of his head. Saturn set the flowers aside and stood up, stepping forward to take (Y/N)'s hands from behind his back and into his own hands.

"You're not an idiot, okay? And you're more than just some middle-class worker to me. You're a king, maybe in nobody's eyes but mine. But I love you too."

Being that Saturn was an awfully anticlimactic man, the two stood there for a few moments, red in the face and unsure on what to do. It was then that Saturn leaned down, placing his lips against (Y/N)'s.

He was sure his promotion would go smoothly.