Not again.

~POV Y/N~

   It took a lot of my concentration and most of my focus to block Austin out completely. I nearly got us lost three times. I led us in at least seven circles. Mia didn't question me just looked at me after the second circle and those after it.

   We finally find a decent house that doesn't have a hole in the wall. We're on the outskirts of town. We find it's a two story house and there's a king size bed.

   I mentally groan. "You take the bed I'll keep watch."

   Mia looks at me with a confused look. "Why don't we just barricade the door? You should sleep. You need to give your body more time to recover."

   I look out the window and sigh. "Mh kay but if we get surrounded by Infected, I'm blaming you."

   She nods then throws herself on the bed, sighing contently.

   I chuckle and head downstairs to barricade the door. I stop and pull out my machete when I see an infected standing by the door. I open the door, then run to the back of the room. I show no mercy on that poor soul.

   I sigh and drag it out the door and across the street checking my surroundings every few seconds. I walk to the house and close the door and barricade it from the outside. I walk over to the tree closest to the house and climb it. I contemplate the day I just had, and the shit that I did. I decide to go back to the house and sleep.

   My eyes closed as sleep welcomes me with open arms. My subconscious drifts back to the days before the infection.

   I groan and toss and turn. "I can't take this anymore!" I sit up and get out of bed. I shiver as the cold air touches the places not covered by my undergarments. I walk into the living room to see Xylo looking for a tracking job that has a decent pay.

   "Xylo," I say with a groggy voice as I slip my arms around his neck. "You need more sleep. We talked about this."

   "Yeah I know," Xylo sighs and turns his head to give me a weak smile. "Sorry."

   "Did we exceed the electricity bill again?" I ask as I shiver. "It's cold."

   He sighs and closes his computer. "Yeah. Care to join me?" He lifts the blanket.

   I hop over the back of the couch and snuggle up to him as I pull the blanket to cover both of us. "Now I'm warm."

   Xylo chuckles. "How long has it been since we slept like this?"

   I respond with a light groan.

   "Night... Y/N."

   I was awoken by a soft growl. I sit up and hop out of the tree as I pull out my machete and look for the source of the sound. I find an infected behind the house Mia was sleeping in. It's about seven in the morning if I had to guess.

   I walk over to the front of the house and un-barricade the door. I walk in and up the stairs to see a sleeping Mia. I walk over and shake her awake. "Mia it's time to wake up sweetheart."

   She groaned and sat up rubbing her eyes. "What time is it?"

   I turn around and walk to the top of the staircase. "Time to go. If you're not downstairs in the next three minutes I'm leaving without you."

   She jumped out of the bed and ran to me, scared to be alone.

    I laugh. "I was kidding, child."

   She puts her hands on her hips and humphs.

   I smile and gesture to the staircase. "Lady's first."

   She rolls her eyes and walks down the stairs.

   I smile and walk down the stairs and pull out my machete. I open the door weapon in hand. Three infected spot me and start to walk over to me. I cut them down before they reach the door.

   I use my sleeve to wipe the infected blood off my face. "Let's go." I step out the house.

   Mia follows quickly at my heel.

   I head off into the direction of the compound that Ryan and Theo took me in to. We walk for about an hour. I look to the horizon and freeze. Is that smoke? "No, not again." I break out into a full out sprint.

   I reach the compound to see a hole in the concrete wall. Fire, infected, and blood everywhere. "Oh god no." I feel my legs give out and I scream. The infected come towards me when there's one within arms reach I swing my machete screaming.

   I stand up in rage, screaming as I rush towards the infected cutting down every one of them in my path. Flying into a blind rage. Thinking about how many people each of them killed. Theo, Ryan, Jace, and Mylle. Focusing on every aspect of them.

   Their hair color, how long it was.

   The color of their eyes.

   The builds of their body.

   The way their voices sounded.

   Will I ever hear them again?

   I cut down the last few infected.

   My rage fizzles out and I fall to my knees. My eyes refocused and my vision is covered in red. It's was blood. I pulled out a canteen and poured it over my face.

   My vision goes back to normal. And I look around a handful of the infected I killed were freshly turned. I recognize them. All the fresh ones were from the camp. But I felt my throat close up when I realized I knew three of them by name Theo, Jace, and Mylle.

   I let out another scream this one like the first one a scream of pain. Not physical but emotional. My scream immediately turned to sobs. I couldn't save them. I weep for those who died for a few.

   I stopped when I realized infected couldn't blow a hole in the wall or light the compound on fire. My throat closed up when I realized who did it... It was The Doctor. How had he found me? Was it when I broke in?

   It was the bullets. They had an address inscribed on them. An address leading here. I killed them. My vision was going bright and I felt dizzy.

   I see a short and thin girl with long blond hair run towards me. My vision goes brighter and I feel my back collide with the blood-soaked grass. I can hear a very distant voice telling me everything is going to be okay. I barely see a figure approach the girl and slip a hand over her mouth.

   Guess this is goodbye to you too... Mia.

~AN~
Edited.

Do you want a character of your own

Edited.

Do you want a character of your own
design in this story?
If you do send in your OC's.
I need a basic description
of their personality and looks.
No matter how long I published this chapter
ago please send in your suggestions.
I'm having trouble with
new characters
for the next book and others.

Anyway that was my little rant.
Have a good day or night depending on when
you're reading this.