PART ONE: Brooklyn, Lewandowski & Vegetarian Pizza

PART ONE: Brooklyn, Lewandowski & Vegetarian Pizza;

It was a Friday night, and quite a sad one at that, relationship-wise, when I met Colby. Well, initially it was quite a downpour, me being the only one without a significant other in the sleepover. Of course it was all girls, but Bonnie the Redheaded Bitch would just not shut up about how loved up she and her poor bastard of a boyfriend were. His name was Harry, and he was a right hand douchebag in all honesty. Sure, he was peachy and easy on the eyes, but he was a dick any moment of the day Bonnie was absent - which, I may gladly add, was not often. Although, it was quite a nuisance having a couple sucking face and grinding up against each other during lunch in the cafeteria.

I guess it was partly my fault for situating myself at that table, becoming part of that group. Incidentally, I was not the one to initiate myself a member of this sexually active faction of people. It was Macy the Manipulative Troll - who by the way also had a boyfriend to grind crotches against - that dragged me down to the depths of this hell. I was usually the only one at the table, save for a couple of days of absentees, who had a Nutella and peanut butter sandwich in her mouth, rather than some sleazy guy's tongue halfway down my throat.

Okay, well not all the guys that were at the table were as corrupt as I constantly make them out to be. And just to clear things up, Bonnie and Macy were neither bitchy nor toll-like girls. (I've been friends with them since kindergarten so I've been granted the privilege to insult in as many ways possible). Some of them, like Macy's guy, Tate, was quite the nice fellow, cheeky, too. He was a gentleman in contrast to Harry's shitty personality. Krissy's boyfriend, Oliver, was a nice lad, as well as Nathan. It was a full table if you were wondering.

Isla, who I met in sophomore year, was one of the nicer girls at the table. Not saying that the girls I've known all my life were not nice to me, it was just that Isla was one of those girls who intently listened to what I had to say and gave me good freaking advice, which Macy and Bonnie could not do. Well, at least they tried. Isla was with Nathan, and thankfully, mostly for my benefit, they participated in minute amounts of PDA.

I should also add that it wasn't only Macy's fault I was part of this group, but also Tate, who was also my older brother by five weeks - he never let that age gap go. And also, we were all part of the same soccer club.

Back to that Friday, let's go back five hours prior to the sleepover. Sixth period; Photography. Because when I was picking out my subjects, I just went fuck it and scribbled Photography down in the last slot of my timetable. I wasn't really into art or capturing shit, I was more of the football type, but photography was a time filler so I enjoyed it as much I could. Krissy, the short Irish girl who I befriended in twelfth-grade calculus, was partnered with Nathan and me. Of the three, it was just I that had not taken a liking into photography. It just wasn't my thing then.

"Hey, Anja, I'm staying at my dad's apartment this weekend," Krissy said, snapping a shot of the American flag that was hoisted on a pole at the entrance of the school. Our assignment was to perfectly capture the essence of the school, in my words: total bullshit. "Do you think the gals would fancy a gals' night in?" she asked as the cars on the street went about their day. Nathan was too engrossed in the school's front doors to tune into the conversation.

"Sure, I guess they would," I replied nonchalantly. They definitely would, mainly for two things: 1) we loved sleepovers, and 2) Krissy's dad had some major occupation in a music company and had a rad loft in Brooklyn. We, excluding Krissy, had only been to the Brooklyn apartment just a couple of times and we loved it, so of course we'd fancy a sleepover in this heaven of an apartment.

Krissy smiled, snapping another shot of the flag flying in the wind, "Awesome, do you guys wanna go straight over after school?"

I almost squealed but stopped myself. "Yeah, sure," I tried to play it cool, but Krissy noticed my eagerness as she tucked her blonde hair behind her ear.