chapter two

"How do I look?" I twirl myself around in the mirror twirling my light pink summer dress around to show Veronica. 

"You look hot. Archie will be going crazy when he sees you." She has a huge smile on her face. Veronica looks just as great. She's wearing a black, tight dress. 

"I hope so." I bite my lip. 

"So. will tonight be the night?" Veronica raises her eyebrows and she gives me a suggestive look. 

"What do you mean?" I ask clueless.

Veronica groans and laughs "You know... The night where you and Archie come as one." I continue to give her the same look. "Ugh. You're too innocent for your own good Betty. Are you and Archie going to have sex tonight?" 

My eyes bulge out. "Oh my god Ronnie!" I cover my eyes with my hands and groan out with embarrassment. 

"It's a legit question honey. Archie is a sixteen year old male. They don't think with their head, they think with their dicks. He will be expecting sex. It'll be on his mind." Veronica says to me. 

I sigh and look at her, "Maybe. I mean, I don't know if I'm ready or not. But Archie is the one I love. We'll see." I grab my jacket and signal for me and Veronica to go to the party that will change everything. 

...

As I walk into the house party with Veronica by my side, I see everyone dancing to the loud pounding of the music and streamers flowing down from the ceiling, with red solo cups filled with unknown substances, probably alcohol, in their hands. I look over to see Veronica smiling huge and waving at Reggie. They currently have been goofing around. 

Oh Reggie Mantle. 

She looks over to me and says "I'm going to see Reggie. See you in a bit, okay?" Veronica smiles with a coy smile on her face. 

Oh how I wish I had her confidence. 

I look around me and see no one that I would take pleasure having a conversation with. Someone who I did see, like Cheryl or Kevin, were too busy getting drunk off their asses. Not like their would be much intelligent conversation happening there. Drunk people are not that easy nor fun to do, so I opt out on that. 

I walk into the kitchen to get a drink. But not alcohol. Yuck. 

As I bend down to find a pepsi or a water or something I hear a little chuckle from behind me and someone who says "The drinks you want are probably in the garage." 

I turn around so fast I'm surprised I didn't get whiplash. There I see a black haired beauty with the name of Jughead Jones. I clear my throat and say "Um... Thanks, I guess." 

I close the fridge door and make my way to the garage when Jughead pipes up, "Did you want some company." 

I turn around to see a bashful looking Jughead. I was stunned for a moment. Why is he talking to  me now? Aren't I annoying? "Sure." I reply after a bit of momentary silence. 

We walk silently to the garage and I see the cooler that probably has non- alcoholic drinks. I pick up a coke and open it up and take a sip out of it. There's a awkward silence in the air that yuo could most likely cut with a knife. I leave, tired with the silence and tired with Jughead being confusing when he grabs my arm and says "Wait."

I whip around fast. All of a sudden I have this flaring anger inside of me. Maybe I'm just done with Jughead's shit. "What Jughead?"

He stares at my eyes of fiery and sighs. "I just wanted to talk for a bit. We haven't talked for a while. I miss you." 

I scoff and look away. "Well that's sure as hell not because of me. You're the one who cut the tie between us. You decided not to be my friend anymore. You said I was being annoying. So don't worry Jughead. No need to act polite. I heard what you said back then loud and clear. You don't want to be around me. And I don't want to be around with you. You know, I thought we were friends. I thought I could come to you about anything. Guess not. Now excuse me, I need to find Archie." I push him out of the way and go back into the party. 

I see Cheryl and she runs up to me with a sad look on her face. "Betty! There you are. We need to get out of here." 

I look at her pankicked eyes. "Cheryl, what are you talking about? You're drunk. Just calm down. What's up?" I put a steady hand on her shoulder to calm her. 

"It's Archie." She looks down with sadness.

"What about Archie?" I shake my head. 

"Just come with me. And if you need anyone, I'll always be there for you." She said with sincerity in her voice. 

"Yeah, okay. Now show me." I say. 

She takes me up the staircase into one of the many bedrooms, we open the door and there I see my boyfriend and my best friend in a very compromising position. "Oh my god." I utter with tears in my eyes. "Archie?" 

He stops kissing Veronica and looks at me. It takes him a couple seconds to register it's me due to his drunk state but then he notices it's me and jumps up from the bed. "Betty, It's not what it looks like." 

I give out a dry laugh. "Oh. So you weren't cheating on me with Veronica?" 

He looks down, "Okay. Maybe it's a little what it looks like."

"How can you do this Archie. And Veronica?" I say appalled.

Archie says "I'm so sorry it's just I was really sexually frustrated." 

Then Veronica pipes up "And I was willing to give him everything that you don't." She gives me a wicked smirk. 

That bitch. 

"What about Reggie?" I say defeated. 

"We weren't serious." She shrugs. 

"Okay. Well, Veronica we are not friends anymore so don't talk to me in the halls. Thanks I would appreciate that. And Archie. We're done." I storm out of the room and out of the house.

Guess this party was life changing.