Full Moon: Chapter Two

I needed to take control as the pack looked at me, awaiting orders at what was to happen next. With a nod, I allocated five wolves, including Lia, to change back and carry Mick back the pack house. One by one each wolf came up and paid their respects to their former alpha, bowing to me as they passed.

Right at the end, two little cubs padded up to Mick and shoved their noses into his fur. His kids. Quickly Lia came up and sat next to them and Mick, curling her tail protectively around her cubs. Sighing I moved to console them but only got a few steps closer when someone moved in front of me, holding out my clothes with a human hand. 

"Alpha," Sam said, bowing slightly.

I took the clothes from him in my mouth, disappearing behind a tree as I changed back and got clothed appropriately. "How could I have let this happen," I asked him softly, entering into a warm embrace from Sam's arms. 

"It wasn't your fault Blair," Sam said softly, pulling me away from where Lia sat with her pups near Mick. "I overheard some wolves talking, they seem to have some concerns about you as Alpha."

I growled softly, "What concerns?"

"Beta Richard, he is the man who stood against your father to have him exiled," Sam shook his head, "They're afraid of what you're going to do to him."

"Just like tradition, when an Alpha falls as does the Beta." Sam looked worried at my words, "Therefor I'm going to appoint a new Beta, but nothing will happen to him, I hold no grudges against him." 

Relief flooded over Sam's features, "So who would you appoint?" I shook y head, turning to oak away from him. Too much had happened in a short while to decide now.

"We will see tomorrow night, when all the packs meet at the gathering."

I entered the pack house and was meet with a solemn mood, everyone was mourning the loss as was I. Nobody said a word as I passed, they simply dipped their heads in acceptance and followed me with watchful eyes. Beta Richard was already waiting for me in Mick's office, arms crossed and face set when he saw me. 

"I am aware we have our differences," Richard started, his hostile posture easing up as I took the leather seat at the desk. 

"Sit down," I instructed, my eyes following him as he took a seat opposite me. "I am not petty enough to hold anything against you, I am aware of what was happening at that time and I understand what you did." 

Richard looked shocked but relieved, nodding his head in agreement. "Thank you-"

"However," I cut him off, "I am going to have to appoint a new Beta."

"I understand," Richard replied, "I will support you in whatever decision you make."

I let out a relieved breath, glad that he would not fight me for his position. "In the meantime, I am going to need you to hold your role as Beta until I have come to a decision. Also, I need you to research whatever you can find on Vampires with white eyes."

Richard raised an eyebrow, "White eyes?"

"That is what I saw," I refused to let him know about the dream, "Just do it for me, please." He nodded and got up to leave, stopping at the door. He looked about ready to say something but instead, shook his head and left. Sighing, I looked at the map on the desk that showed the different pack territories. 

There was us, the Nivalis pack; we held most of the territory that we had won throughout the years. To our right was the  Facilis pack, an ally of ours who had recently helped us defend against an attack from the Ardens Pack. It was bloody and we had lost numbers, but we had won in the end. Finally, the was the Lapsus pack, they kept to themselves and never got involved in much except for meeting at the Gathering.