One

Do you ever think about your childhood home? Think about the people you played with on scooters and bikes when you fell and scraped your knee, or stubbed your toe; and being about 7 you think that your toe had fallen off. You think about moving back to that said place, and most of the time it never happens. But lucky me I did.

I was on the highway on my way to a city in New york state, about an hour away from syracuse, Called Watertown. It was a very small city that barely anyone has ever heard of; and if they had they would think it was a town of water. The city was surrounded by country. Land from as far as you could see, and if not fields then it was woods.

Watertown was that city that you could never get out of; where you felt stuck, but then once you leave you miss it and come back to remember roaming the fields to clear your mind, or how you learned how to drive by a tractor in one of those fields. My father was a farmer so it wasn't that hard to learn.

"There it is." My mom said, pointing to the Watertown sign approaching us as it went by. We were moving about 20 to 25 minutes from Watertown. A small town called Theresa, I had lived their 3-4 years ago when I was 11 but we had to move due to my 'step Father';if that's what to call him, being in the military.

20 minutes had gone by and we were turning into a old trailer park, the houses looked run down, paint peeling from the outside, looking as though if you leaned on them they would fall. Dont get me wrong, there were houses that look pretty beautiful but some houses in comparison looked like a washed up dream.

We pulled up in front of a semi new house. The color was a daffodile yellow color, a newly built porch had stood in front of the front door; with rose bushes and different types of flowers growing underneath it and around the frame of the house. To the left, A small growing tree was placed in the center of the lawn with flowers also growing around the bottom of it. To the right, was a crab apple tree that I had remembered climbing when I was a kid, and eating the apples off even though my mom had told me they would make me sick.

"Well. We're here," My mom sighed looking around as I had just done. She had a sadness in her eyes, and I couldn't blame her; there was memories in this place that she wanted to forget.. And start new.

I opened the door and got out into the frigid spring air, stepping aside so the big u-haul could park into the driveway; which made no sense, seems how the drive way was very small to conserve space for more houses that the land owner wanted to put in. It was halfway blocking the road, which wasnt hard; the roads were very narrow, again to make room for more houses. We always complained about it but nothing was ever done about it.

I grabbed my suitcase out of the trunk of the black Chrysler 200 along with a few bags, making my way to the house. walking up the porch, memories filled my head of when it was built. It was 4 summers ago when we last lived here, my mothers husband wasn't very happy about building it but my mom hated not having a front porch to sit on and have coffee in the morning. I would sit inside looking out the screen door watching him work on it, getting scared when a bee would come up to the door and run to my room until it was gone.

Once I got inside I looked around, Everything was the same. More memories came rushing through my head; though I tried to push them away, and remind myself that this was just temporary until we can find a place to live.

I walked through the house, looking for the once place that had saved me for 3 years.. My bed room.

"Okay Jackson! I don't want you anymore!" I made my girl brat doll yell at the boy.

"But tracey, I love you. I would do ANYTHING for you!"

"Its too late!" I screamed, playing the voices. A big crash was heard outside my door making me jump and drop my dolls.

I ran out of my bed room door to see what was going on, to find my brother pushed into one of the windows in the family room by mothers husband. My brother Ashton had snuck out to hangout with his friends after curfew.

I ran to my room and hid in my closet. Sitting down on the green carpeted floor, bring my knees to my chest. This was my safe place, I came in here if i was upset or scared. From the prior fight, there was blankets laid down on the floor with small pillows against the wall. I had a small stash of food and a few water bottles waiting for my return.

I held my hands over my ears as I waited for the yelling to cease, and for everything to go back to normal.

I sighed as I turned out of my room shaking the memory out of my head. I felt a pang in my chest and I pushed it way. A new start, I kept saying to myself.. a new start.

(A/N: This is my story.. this is hard to write so people don't judge. I'm very proud of myself for this and I am happy to share my story)