12

It's been 3 weeks since I last saw him. He left for tour 2 weeks ago. Not one single text or call from him, or from me. Grace asked me if I was okay, but I still haven't responded. I don't know what to say. Oh yeah, I'm great! I'm in the hospital awake all hours of the day worried if I go to sleep I won't wake up!

I should stop thinking like that, it's probably not helping my case. I still haven't told anyone either. The only people who know are my several nurses and doctors. I would tell my dad but he wouldn't give a shit and I don't have contact with my other family, they live on the other side of the world.

I know I need to tell my friends, I need to tell my best friend. He's in some country right now, probably playing a show to hundreds of fans having the time of his life. Maybe he's forgotten about1 me by now. I know that the thought of me must be such a burden for him. I know must have hurt him by doing what I did. I just couldn't tell him after he asked me to go on tour with him. I know he's coming home for a few weeks in a couple days, Grace texted me about it and said 'you should talk to him then.' I know I won't have the balls to talk to him face-to-face about what happened. So I've been writing him a letter so I can slip it under his door before he gets here.

Geoff,

I'm sorry. I don't know any other way to start this letter besides an apology. You need to know a reason I did what I did. The day you asked me to go with you I went to the hospital for a simple check-up. At least that is what I thought I was going to do. They told me I have cancer, and it's terminal. They don't know how long I have. I want you to know if it weren't for my complications I would have gone with you faster than the snap of a finger. I love you more than you could imagine and I'm sorry I didn't tell you before you asked me that. I know you may not want to talk to me yet, but you can find me at Green Belt Park at 8:00. I will be there if you want to talk I'll be there until 10, then I have to go back to the hospital.

All the love,

Allie. <3

~time skip~

Geoff's POV

I don't know what to think about Allie. She ran off when I asked her to come travel the world with me. It broke my heart when she ran away. I haven't really been 'okay' at all this whole tour. I miss her, but at the same time, I don't want to think of her because it hurts every time. I'm coming home to rest with the rest of the guys right now on a plane. I'm going to have to be right next to her for a week, why do we have to have apartment rooms right next to each other? I guess it's a good thing, though. She would be a stranger to me if I didn't see her the day she moved in. I just wish I was better at confrontation so I could talk to her about it.

"Please get in your seats and buckle your seatbelts, we are landing in Houston, Texas"

I turned my head towards the window to see my hometown and felt Otto sit next to me after coming back from the bathroom.

"You okay," he asked patting my shoulder.

"Eh"

"Grace texted her that we were coming back but she never responded, are you going to try to talk to her while we are here?'

"Depends"

"On what?"

"If she wants to talk to me ever again"

"Y'all are best friends, she is going to want to talk to you"

I didn't respond to that, and Otto sighed and turned to face forward. I closed my eyes and felt the plane land and heard people get up so I did too.

After I got out of the plane and got my stuff I waved down a taxi and went to my home. I really tried to take a nap for the 20-minute ride but I couldn't stop thinking about seeing Allie and what would happen.

"We're here"

I paid the guy and got all my stuff then went up the stairs to my room. I briefly stopped at Allie's door considering knocking, but decided not to. When I opened my door an envelope fell in front of me. On the front of Allie's handwriting was her name. I quickly brought in my stuff and closed my door, then went to the couch with the letter in hand. Hesitantly, I opened it.

Geoff, (A/N: I debated on putting the letter again so it's the exact same thing so you can skip this part)

I'm sorry. I don't know any other way to start this letter besides an apology. You need to know a reason I did what I did. The day you asked me to go with you I went to the hospital for a simple check-up. At least that is what I thought I was going to do. They told me I have cancer, and it's terminal. They don't know how long I have. I want you to know if it weren't for my complications I would have gone with you faster than the snap of a finger. I love you more than you could imagine and I'm sorry I didn't tell you before you asked me that. I know you may not want to talk to me yet, but you can find me at Green Belt Park at 8:00. I will be there if you want to talk I'll be there until 10, then I have to go back to the hospital.

All the love,

Allie. <3

What? Allie has cancer? Oh my god. I dropped the envelope and immediately went out of the apartment complex. The park is about 2 blocks away, I only know that because we used to hang out there all the time. I bet why that's why she said to meet her there. I started running, I wanted to see her as soon as I could.

She has to know I love her.