𝗧𝗘𝗡 | 𝗡𝗢𝗧 𝗪𝗜𝗧𝗛 𝗬𝗢𝗨

THE COLOR FADED FROM ESTELLA'S hair and for the first time in her life, she lost control of the one thing she always had

Her once vibrant locks turned into a dull blonde as tears streamed down her porcelain cheeks. The girl shuffled in past the portrait into the Gryffindor Common Room.

Inside the room was only a few people as it had grown quite late. James Potter was huddled in the corner with Lily Evans, studying for the test  in Transfiguration after break. In the middle of the room was Peter Pettigrew and Marlene McKinnon in a intense battle of wizard chess.

Estella didn't seem to notice the others in the room, she barely noticed anything at all because she felt was in living in some kind of blur that wasn't real life. It was numb, dull even.

"Estella!" James Potter's voice finally snapped her out of the trance. She glanced over at her best friend to find him in company of her favorite redhead. Both of them were looking at her with curious, worried eyes.

"What?" Her voice was so quiet that James barely heard it.

James stood up from his place with Lily,"I'm sorry, Lily, I am, but...she needs me. I know I asked for your help, and I do need it, but this is more important."

The girl just nodded,"Just make sure she's okay."

Estella's bottom lip quivered as James approached her, wrapping his arm around her. The tears started to flow again and she wasn't exactly sure how she was gonna explain it all to him.

"You want to go to my dorm?"

"No!" Estella answered quickly,"I can't...He's up there, I can't see him."

"Who?" James asked before it finally dawned on him,"Remus? What happened?"

Estella shook her head vigorously, trying desperately to find the words as James led her out into the corridor and away from any prying eyes.

"I can't change it back," she whimpered, motioning towards her hair. The way she says it breaks his heart,"It's the one thing I could always do, I always had control of it....and now it's gone."

"You've been gone for hours, Estella, I thought you guys went to Hogsmeade, he came back an hour ago, I need you to tell me what happened," James cupped her face, trying to get her to center in on him instead of panicking.

"We went to Hogsmeade, he was so great all day and then I went to get some more snacks and when I came back, he was gone. Teddy was there, and he told me that he got into it with Remus and he stormed off," Estella explained, taking a deep breath to stop herself from choking on her tears.