The Cave

Flick, flick. I desperately tried to turn on my lighter.  The cavern, which I woke up in, ... there was something unnerving about it. Even though i was not able to see anything. Flick, finally it worked. the sight around me was a grisly one. The walls were covered with a dark slime and the roof had black tendrils coming down from it. I almost dropped my lighter because of this new foreign place. Then the stench came, it was like a thousand graves opened. I gagged and walked over to one of the walls to investigate it. It was not only covered in greenish slime, it had faintly glowing hieroglyphs floating slightly off the walls. This alien landscape seemed like some hellish nightmare, but I had no idea of the blasphemy that I had done to be here but I will find a way out. I looked back and across the cave was a exit, it did not glow with the radiance of sunlight though... it had a purple hue. I started to walk over to it, when my lighter went out. The second that tiny flame went out, I was assaulted by a ungodly voice from all directions.

"Yog Sothoth has the key. Yog Sothoth protects the gate.  Yog Sothoth is the key. Yog Sothoth is the gate." it echoed from all around me. I turned all around to find where it came from but I failed at finding it. Flick, I tried the lighter again to feel something of our world in this unknown hell. Then the flame came back and I had the strange reason to look up. The dark tentacles had yellow glowing eyes and they were tracking me as I moved. They did not look like they had malevolent intentions, they looked like I was something the cat brought in. Then they dropped a news paper clipping on me and went back into the shadows of which my flame could not touch. the paper looked very curious, it read.

    MAN STILL MISSING, A NEW DEMONIC CULT ARE THE SUSPECTS.

Carter Windfield, who has been missing for 6 weeks, has been linked to a trail of other kid-napping cases. The main suspects in all of these cases has been a cult, which goes by the name of "The Messengers Of The Old Ones". The police were lead to them from a unknown tipster. They found all of the victims of the abductions but Carter. When they questioned the victims, who were not in the right mental state at the time, said that he was sent to meet the cults god. But most theory think that he was just killed. The main investigator said... SEE CULT 2

Do I know a Carter Windfield? His name sounded familiar but I could not dig into my mind to find out who it was though. God bless who ever soul that was and God bless mines. Pushing that final thought out of my mind I braced myself forward. I almost got out of this alien place until the ungodly voice came  again to haunt me.

"Yog Sothoth is our past. Yog sothoth is our present.  Yog Sothoth is our future."  it rang out. I swallowed  my fears and walked to the cave exit... to what I saw next, I knew I was in hell...

(Hello readers this is my first part of a short story posted here. If you want to give me advice or tell me I suck ass please tell me so in the comments .)

(ps I'll get the second part out as soon as I can)