VI.

Happy reading :)

***********

Emma's Pov

I crawled forward on my hands and knees, trying miserably to catch a tissue that I spotted at the corner of the room.

It breaks my heart to see him laying on the floor, blood all over him. I'm conscious that it's all because of me, and it makes me feel even worst. The least I can do is to somehow clean his face up from the blood.

"Here,"  Said the guy that smiled at me earlier or maybe not, I really don't know. I just can't believe my eyes because a gesture of kindness was a strange thing here. He handed the tissue to me with a weak smile that danced at the corner of his lips. I'd say that he's at the same age of the others. Brown hair with light brown eyes. He's decent, and seems like a nice guy, but then again why a nice guy befriend people like them?

"Why would you that Liam? You know Harry wouldn't like it," Said Anne through gritted teeth.

Before he answered, I managed to say at last

"Thank you, " It seemed more like I muttered the words

I was caught off guard by his actions. It was unexpected. He's one of them after all, and he witnessed everything but didn't intervene. He just watched like all of them did. Not a single emotion of remorse on their faces. For me, it's unforgettable.

Neil who left the room minutes after Harry stormed out, has come back. He scanned the surrounding. as if he's making sure that nothing has changed, that we still the victims, suffering from his boss's physical and mental assaults.

"We're taking him." He said, by him, he meant Zed. The boss wants him in separate rooms.

"You're not going to hurt him, he's all injured. If you." Before finishing my sentence, Neil fired back

"It's none of your fucking business."

A great battle held inside my head, questioning if I should stick with my headstrongness or to just drop it. I'm afraid that they would beat him again if I defied him, I wasn't ready for that kind of trauma again. I kept my mouth shut for the sake of the injured guy. I do pity him; he came with an unrecognisable face, now, it's worst, all I can see and distinguish is his shaved black hair and his tanned skin since he's wearing a t-shirt. He didn't open his mouth the whole time. He didn't want to fight back, god knows what he endured before, he knew better, sometimes letting go is the wisest thing to do ...or the only option left.

"Anne, untie her up and lock the door before you go." He said while helping Liam with carrying Zed.

"Why would we untie her?" Anne asked annoyed.

" Oh geez, could you do one thing without asking dumb questions?"

Anne just rolled her eyes at Neil's remark, for once I found myself agreeing with him. She is really infuriating, and with that loud voice of hers, it's totally annoying.

Anne pulled my feet aggressively to her side, she untied the thick rope with a knife, beholding that she has a knife on her, made my stomach twist. Without uttering a word, she exited the room, locking the doors, a part of me wished that she may forget or something, but knowing Anne even if for few hours, I would know that she wouldn't miss it for the world, she made it clear that she despises me.

At last, I was left alone. Still laying on the ground, I didn't have the oomph to stand up and sit on the chair. I pressed my hands to my face, trying to register what occurred the whole day, from my job interview to this exact minute. How life could be so unpredictable, unfair... I thought that I was lucky enough that I caught the train, now I can't help but think of the possibility that something would've happened, and be just two minutes late, I wouldn't be on this train, two minutes has changed, or shall I say ruined my whole life. I felt tears leaving my eyes, I cried because I didn't know any other way to deal with this situation than weeping. I cried because I was lost and hurt, I cried heartily because I feared to die here, without making my mom proud. My mother, she must be so worried.I wished I had kissed her goodbye before leaving home today, I didn't want to wake her up that's why I left without saying a word. I sobbed at the thoughts, it killed me to know that I can't anything about it.