Chapter 8

Listen to- COPYCAT By Billie Eilish

"We need to talk" Chase says while crossing his arms. Grey has his arms crossed also but he's leaning against the lockers to my left looking kind of bored. I raise my eyebrow at them telling them to continue.

"Why have you been ignoring us Freckles?" He says looking sad. I cast my eyes down feeling pretty guilty. I know that he can't help it that I feel weird towards him.

"I haven't been ignoring you. I've just been busy." I mutter still looking down, nervously picking at my nails.

"Oh bullshit Giana you've been treating us like we're the dirt under your shoe." Grey says with a glare. Now I understand why he's hasn't looked at me yet, he's pissed at me. Now I really feel guilty.

"Listen guys, you don't understand ok. I'm dangerous, we all are. Me, Mari, Milly, we're all dangerous. Our dad is one of the most powerful men in the world and the second he went to prison I knew that I had to get me and my sisters out of there. You have no idea what I've seen, what I've done! I'm not a good person! And sooner or later local gangs are going to know we're here and we're not safe to be around ok? I can't bring anymore people in the equation. Listen I like you guys you seem fun and nice but I just can't get attached to anybody right now and I will if we continue to hangout." After my little rant I take a big breath and throw myself on the bench. I put my head it my hands and rub my temples. I hear Chase sigh then I feel him sit beside me. Very closely.

"We know who you are Giana and who your family is. We knew the risk in trying to be friends with you and we don't care. We could help even! We'll keep you and your sisters safe." He says and starts running his hand up and down my back soothingly.

"I couldn't ask you guys to do that. Seriously I don't even know what I'm up against, I couldn't ask you to fight my battles." I say to him enjoying the feeling of his big hand on my back.

"You're not asking us to do anything Freckles, we just want to be friends. Come on we're not that bad." He says teasing me.

"I don't know guys."

"Just come out with us tonight. You and your sisters. Jake, Ash and Drake will be there to." Grey says finally speaking up.
"Come on, it's a Friday night come out and have some fun!" Chase says loudly. I guess it could be fun. Mari would definitely want to go and I bet Milly would want to also.

"Fine we can go out tonight."

"Yes!" Chase yells jumping out of his seat.

"But! I will drive me and the girls in case we hate it and want to leave." I say mainly speaking for my benefit.

"Ok we'll come to your house at 6 so you can follow us there. It's kind of hard to get to." Chase says excited. I roll my eyes at his child like behavior.

"Alright we'll see you later freckles!" He says running out the door. Grey is right behind him giving me a salute before he's out the door too.
.
.
.
.
After school I'm waiting by my car for my sisters, when the stupid pickup line dude from the first day of school comes over to me.

"Mio Dio." (Dear God) I say exasperated.

"Hey baby, what do you say me and you head over to my house. My parents are gone tonight." He says putting his arm around me. My lip curls in disgust. I pinch his first finger in between my first finger and thumb and remove his hand from my shoulder. I'm about to tell him to eat a bag of dicks when a hard voice interrupts me.

"Tony what the hell are you doing putting your arm around my girl." Chase says to this "Tony" character. Wait. Did he just say my girl?

"Your girl? Oh shit I'm sorry Chase I didn't know she was taken. Sorry." Tony says looking like he's about to piss himself. He runs off toward his friends looking back at us over his shoulder. Chase is glareing at him the whole time he's walking away.

"Um excuse me, your girl? I'm not your girl and I could have handled that." I say with narrowed eyes.

"Not yet your not. And I know you could handle that prick but I wanted him to know that he couldn't touch you like that. No one can." He says fiercely.

"What? I thought you just wanted to be friends, that's what you said earlier." I say ridiculed. He snaps his head away from Tony and meets my eyes. He starts walking to me putting his hands on either side of me trapping me against my car.

"You might not be mine yet Freckles but you will be eventually. You can't tell me you don't feel some sort of pull towards me. You're good at hiding your feelings Freckles but I can see right through you, you feel this too." He says leaning very close to my face, I feel his breath on my lips. All in can think about is how it would feel to kiss him. I cast my eyes down to his lips as he looks at mine. I lean up to him slightly and he takes that as a sign to lean in too. He's so freaking tall my head has to tilt all the way back just to look up at him. I grab his leather jacket pulling him closer to me. We're only about an inch from our lips touching, just a little bit closer.

"Um are we interrupting something?"
I jerk my head to the sound of the voice and my eyes widen.

"Uh hey Mari, Mills. What's up?" I say my, voice shakes when I talk. They both have smirks on their faces and I realise I still have a hold of Chase's jacket. I immediately let go of it and push him away. He clears his throat.

"Right well I'll see you guys tonight." He says rubbing his hand on the back of his head. He's cute when he's nervous.

"See you at 6" he says before walking away quickly.

"What the hell was that Gi?" Mari interrupts my thoughts about Chase.

"Ya didn't you knee him in the balls Monday?" Milly asks.

"Yes I did and that, that was nothing, don't worry about it. By the way we're going out tonight so let's go home and get ready." I say flustered getting in my car. I'm nervous about  tonight. I just hope I don't get to attached to these guys.