Part 2

Steph POV
I didn't get there in time. It 's the only thing that is running through my mind. I see the little girl on the floor blood everywhere. I run over to her to check if she is breathing. I feel her pulse it slower, but it there. I look around while I put pressure on her head to stop the bleeding. I see the ambulance and the EMTs run to me. They say something but I can't understand them they push me out of the way and take the girl.

The thing I know I am at the hospital. A doctor is in front of me ask if I know anything about the girl. I told her that the only thing I know is that she was looking at a pregnancy test and then ran into the street. The doctor said that when they stabilized her that they will do a rape kit.

I sit in the waiting room knowing that even if they did the rape kit after the girl was stabilized. Any evidence would be washed away. I sit there for hours and I have not heard anything. I look at my phone and see the Lena has called me. I call her back.

"Steph I have been calling you for two hours. Why have you not at least text me!!!!" Lena yelled
"Sorry Love. I am here at the hospital and before you start to get worried. I am fine, it's this little girl that got hurt. Lena, I will call you back the doctor is here. I love you." I disconnect the phone.

The doctor walked over to me and said "Step I didn't think you would still be here. Has anyone found the girl's parents?"
"No, my best guess is that she ran away and the parents don't know or they are the ones that have been abusing her. How is she doing?"
"The good thing is that car that hit her did not do to much damage. She does have ten stitches on her head but hopefully, it will heal if. Most of it will be coved by her hair. What I am more afraid of is that she is too skinny for her age. She only weights 35lb. She should weight at least 55lb. That not all of what this girl has gone through. There are bruising all over her body. At first, we thought that it was because of the car accident. However, these bruising are older and in different stages of healing. Then there's the rape kit the good thing is that she was not rape, but she was molested there was semen. On her legs and back. She just a little girl and probably thought she was pregnant and need the test."

It took me a while to say "Can I see her." The doctor nodded and pointed to her room.

I push open the door...