Turning hearts

She thought she was in love. She thought she had found her blue crayon, The one she couldn't get enough of. The one she used to color her sky. She had her heart and then she had him, and she didn't know the difference. She believed he loved her for who she really was. She thought they loved each other and it was that simple. But love is never that simple. Love finds ways to suppress and destroy. Love finds ways to fall apart and suddenly you're strangers again.

       When love falls apart you ask yourself questions. Why? Why am I thinking of you when I know your not thinking of me? They say follow your heart, but what if my heart is in a million pieces and I don't know which piece to follow? She asked herself these questions. She realized she wasn't as important to him as she thought.

        Later she was asked if she was happy. Of course she said yes because she still had friends that told jokes that made her crack a smile. She still had food on her table and a roof over her head. But at times when she's alone, she thinks about life and finds her self crying her heart out, convinced that no one really cares, no one loves her or even likes her. She had the same question repeating in her head over and over again like a broken record.

How come I can turn heads and never turn hearts?