Chapter Four

I placed my brand new straightener down and ran a brush through my hair one more time, nodding to myself and walking out of the bathroom. Peter was taking me site seeing today, even though I know where just about everything is.

"Ready to go?" he asked, passing me in the hall.

"Almost." I nodded, walking into my room quickly.

I slipped on my favorite gold sandles, fixing my white shorts before grabbing my purse and walking back out of the room, "Okay, now I'm ready."  I stated, looking over at Peter, who was leaning against the wall beside the stairs.

He nodded and motioned me to start down the stairs. I smiled and hit his chest gently before jogging down the wooden stairs, "So, where are we going? If you don't remember, I remember practically everything."

"Yes, but that was years ago. You need to see New York today." he chuckled, closing the front door behind us.

I nodded and watched as he laid a skateboard down, slowly rolling on it beside of me. He smiled a closed lip smile at me before looking around, "There's plenty to do here."

"There always has been."

"I know," he chuckled, "There's more now, though."

"Like?"

"Starbucks." he smirked

"Oh my god, you're a hipster." I muttered, shaking my head.

He narrowed his eyes at me, "No. I just figured since, you know, you're a girl, you would want to go there a lot."

"Now you're just being stereotypical." I frowned, crossing my arms.

"..Okay, yeah that was pretty stereotypical of me to say that, but you can't say you don't like Starbucks."

"I do like it. Just not enough that if it ever went out of business, which I don't see that happening anytime soon, it wouldn't be the end of the world." I shrugged, looking over at him.

He nodded slightly and looked down at the ground, "Sorry."

"It's okay. Now, let me ride the skateboard."

"You can skate?"

"No, but you can pull me while I stand on it." I smiled, looking up at him.

*~*~*~*~

So, we ended up in Starbucks afterall. An iced coffee was sounding pretty good at the time.. I leaned back in the seat and looked over at Peter, who was messing with the whipped cream at the top of his drink, causing me to chuckle. He glanced up at me and smiled, "I don't see why they put this crap on it."

"You could have ordered it without any. I actually love it when they put that on my drink."

"Let's trade then."

"No." I smirked, looking around the store, my eyes landing on a picture, "Who's that?"

He looked over, "Oh. Spiderman."

"Who?"

"He stops crime around the city."

"Then why is he on a paper that's offering a money prize to anyone who captures him and turns him in?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"The police doesn't think he's helping anything. I don't know." he shrugged, "I think he's a good guy."

I nodded slightly and stood up, "Let's go home."

"It's only two."

"I know." I shrugged, "I need to start looking for a job of some sort for the summer."

"Oscorp is in need for a new intern."

"What's that?"

"You know that big building we passed earlier?"

"There's a lot of big buildings, Pete." I chuckled, looking up at him. Damn, he's freaking tall. Or maybe I'm just really short..

"Right. Um, that one." he stated, pointing.

I looked over at the building and nodded slightly, "What is it?"

"Well, you're really smart with science and stuff right?"

"Yeah." I shrugged, "So?"

"So, that place is perfect for you. We can both sign up for one together." he smiled, looking down at me.

"Let's go do it now." I said, taking his hand and pulling him to the building quickly.

The lizard shall come in the story soon! Remeber, this takes place after uncle Ben dies, except I placed it happening during the summer.

Thanks for reading!

Vote,Comment,&Follow♥