Chapter 21

Clementine POV

Prom season was now approaching and Nash had asked me to be his date, I still needed to buy a dress because I wasn't planning on going. Neither was he but I guess he changed his mind once I said yes, I was currently at a bridal store looking at dresses with my mum. "What about this one?" Mum asked and I turned around to see her holding out a cream crystal strapless dress with a silver waist belt.

My eyes widened at the sight of the dress, "that's so beautiful" I said and mum smiled

My eyes widened at the sight of the dress, "that's so beautiful" I said and mum smiled. "Go try it on" she said handing me the dress and I ran to the dressing room to try it on, once it was on I walked out to show mum and looked in the mirror. "Darling you look gorgeous" Mum said and I smiled at myself, I was actually happy with myself. "So who's the lucky guy taking you?" The sales assistant asked, "Nash Grier" I said and her jaw dropped. "You mean Nash Grier off of Vine!" She squealed and I nodded, "girl you are lucky indeed" she said with a kind smile.

I went back in the fitting room and got out of the dress and got changed before heading back out to purchase when I saw Anne. "Hey Anne" I said and she smiled running towards me and hugging me, "hey girl" she greeted. "Oh beautiful dress" she commented, "thanks" I said and she smiled. "What dress are you getting?" I asked and she showed me a photo.

Anne's Dress

Looking at the photo I felt my jaw drop, "that would look amazing on you" I said and she smiled brightly

Looking at the photo I felt my jaw drop, "that would look amazing on you" I said and she smiled brightly. "I ordered it and already paid so now I'm picking it up" she said, "cool" I said as she walked with me to the counter. I paid for my dress and Anne picked up her order before we walked out of the store together. "Anne who's your date?" I asked as she adjusted the handle on her bag, "Cameron" she said. "Cameron?" I asked and she nodded. "You two will look great together" I said and she giggled, "thank you" she said shyly. "We'll see you tonight at prom" Anne said and I nodded, "will do see you then" I said and we parted ways.

---time skip to being picked up---

I was sitting at my vanity currently curling my hair which I had dyed in a ombré which looked so cool. I did my make up and put on my black heels then there was a knock on the front door. "I'll get it" I said and I put everything away and went to answer, when I opened the door I saw Nash standing there in a suit. He looked so handsome, he looked at me and smiled, "you look beautiful" he said taking my hand and placing a corsage around my wrist. "Oh my god" I heard mum say and I turned around to see her in tears and Shawn behind her in his suit. 

"You two look amazing" she said we posed for a photo before we left, Shawn was leaving after us so we'd meet him there. 

---at the dance---

We got out of the car and walked into the hall entrance to hear music playing and seeing people slow dancing with each other. We walked over to the tables and Nash smiled confidently before holding his hand out to me, "may I have this dance?" He asked and I gladly accepted his request. His hand wrapped around my waist and mine rested on his shoulder then our hands joined at the end. 

Nash lead our dance and he slowly danced together it felt like I was just swaying and hardly moving around but it was nice. After the dance we went over to get drinks and we ran into Anne and Cameron, "hey guys" Cameron called. His hand was wrapped around Anne's waist as he stood beside her, "you guys danced yet?" I asked and they both nodded. Nash served our drinks then handed me a cup before we decided to go and watch everyone else dance.

Nash POV

It was now 11pm and the dance was technically over so we decided to head back home, on our way back to the car I got a call and I went to see who it was. And when I looked I saw the hospitals number come up so I answered it. "Hello mr Grier your brother Hayes Grier he's awake" the nurse said and I dropped my phone. 

"What is it Nash?" Clementine asked and I looked at her still in disbelief, "Hayes he's awake" I said and she looked at me with the same expression I had. "Well come on lets go home and get changed then go to the hospital" Clementine said and that's exactly what happened.