Wattpad Original
There are 5 more free parts

Chapter 2.

I run so long, pushing my wolf to go further and further until she gives out completely and I fall naked to the ground as she retreats within me.

The rain soaks me enough that I can't be sure if I'm crying or not. I tell myself I'm not. But I likely am.

Everything hurts.

My stomach has been twisted in knots since the second I saw Stacey get out of the car and fall back to Daimon.

I feel like I could be sick as I curl into myself on the wet muddy ground, bringing my knees up to my chest.

It's all so fucked up.

I'd been so afraid to let him in because I thought I'd lose him or have to leave him eventually and keeping a wall up between us felt like it was protecting me. He'd taken the wall down though with hammers, glares, and sweet words whispered in the dark. Ellison dying should have meant that I could have Daimon. Really have him.

I wasn't prepared for this.

How am I supposed to compete with Stacey?

He was in love with her.

Madly in love until she was stolen away and he thought he'd never see her again. There would be no me if it hadn't been for Pablo, Luca, and even Jon. If Stacey had never been taken, I'd have never even got a taste of Daimon's love.

It's impossible to go against.

She loves him too.

She didn't ask to be taken away from him and it was thoughts of coming back to him that kept her alive all this time when I know for sure I'd have died if I were in her shoes.

I can't even be mad.

As my whole body feels like it's falling apart, I can't even pick a reason to be mad.

Of course she came back to him. He was hers and she was his from the time they were so young. They'd planned a life and a future together and so suddenly it had all been taken from them. They didn't break up. They didn't decide they weren't meant to be and to go their separate ways. They were torn apart.

They never ended.

My eyes burn and my body beats with exhaustion.

Just hours ago my life was finally going right, and now I'm all alone again. How could I ask him to choose? I can't. I won't. I don't even want to know the answer.

My heart breaks. But not just for me.

It breaks for my twisted life.

It breaks for Daimon. He never saw this coming any more than I did. Stacey was gone and now she's here and that can only be confusing the shit out of him.

My heart breaks for Stacey. She didn't ask for this either. She's been tortured, tormented, and stolen from her family and life to be kept for years by a psycho Werewolf.

The part that really strikes me the most, to the point that I would laugh if it weren't for the pain, is that it was because of me that she was able to come back.

If I hadn't killed Luca, he'd still be holding her hostage.

Me killing him set her free.

I'd been the one to make her coming back for Daimon a possibility.

Damn life and it's fucking sense of humor.

When will I stop being surprised by the cosmic comedy show that has been my life since the moment I was born?

As the rain slows to a lazy drizzle around me, I hear the ground squishing beneath the weight of someone's feet. Thunder rumbles in the distance and the sky is split by silent lightning.