Chapter 2: "Should I Stay Or Should I Go?"

Writer's note: I attached the link to the song 'Should I Stay Or Should I Go?' by the Clash to this chapter because I can imagine it playing while the boys are walking down the corridor. If you want, you can play it as you're reading this story! You'll probably recognise it from Season 1 of Stranger Things, but I just think it's an amazing song as I'm a big fan of 80s and 90s rock. Hope you enjoy reading! :)

Lucas, Will, Dustin and I went through the main doors of the school. I could see even more people giving me weird looks as we started walking down the crowded halls. I knew they didn't recognise me. There were murmurs and whispers, but this was middle school. What else was there to expect?

Lucas grabbed my wrist and pulled me through the crowds and Will grabbed my t-shirt so he could keep up with us. I looked back and saw Dustin behind him. The school had an exciting atmosphere - it was the first day back of term after all.

We made it past the traffic congestion of the corridor and found an empty space that we could walk along.

"The principal's office is this way!" Lucas exclaimed. We reached a door with a sign on it that said 'Mr. Coleman's Office'. I guessed that was the principal. Just as Lucas was about to knock, the school bell rang.

"You guys can go. I'll stay with Y/N," said Lucas.

"Okay. We'll see you guys later!" Dustin said as he and Will walked away.

Lucas knocked on the hard, wooden door. We waited patiently for a few moments for an answer. Suddenly, the door opened and a tall man with glasses was standing there.

"Mr. Sinclair," the man said as he smiled at Lucas.

"I came here with Y/N because she's new... and well..."

"Are you sure you're not just here because you want to miss class?" asked the principal.

"No, uh... of- of course not Sir. I was just...uh..."

I smiled at Lucas. "It's okay Sir, I actually asked him to show me where your office was."

"Well then. That's alright, I suppose. Off you go to class then, Mr. Sinclair." said the principal. "Come in, Ms. Y/L/N."

****************************************

Mike's P.O.V.

I waved goodbye to Max as El and I made our way into English class. I hoped when I saw Dustin, Lucas and Will later they wouldn't be with that girl. I didn't want her joining our party. We already had everyone we needed - I was our paladin, Will was our cleric, Dustin was our bard, Lucas was our ranger, El was our mage and Max was our zoomer... well, we were still working on a better name for her.

El and I grabbed a seat next to each other. She smiled at me as she sat down. I smiled back. I was so happy we could finally be together without the worry of demogorgons or parallel universes stopping us.

I took out my books and opened my journal that I liked to doodle in when I was bored. It was full of photographs. Sometimes I'd stick them in so I could look at them whenever I wanted to. The page opened on a photograph of El and I at the Snow Ball, just a few months ago. I smiled at it. I don't think either of us were ready for that photo, but I think that's what I liked about it. We were both as awkward as each other.

 We were both as awkward as each other