Chapter 18

(Patton's POV)

Logan shared the same glance with me, and my heart sank. He got up from his chair and I followed suit. Hopefully these two don't fight while we talk...

I gained the lead and headed for my bedroom, not before a surprise sneeze snuck up on me. Logan seemed to look worried at me. "It's okay, Lo! I promise I'm not getting sick."

Once in my room, I closed my door lightly and started my rant. "Why are those two always fighting? How come Roman is so sad? That never happens! Did Virgil do something to Roman?"

Logan shushed me with a stare with no emotion. "Virgil is just being Virgil. The only real person I'm worried about right now, is Roman. He definitely seems off."

"Of course he's off, Logan! Creativity is sad! How are we suppose to cheer him up?" I exclaimed, getting a little too worried about my kiddos.

Walking over to me, Logan rested his arm lightly on my shoulder. "I can't really do much here, Patton. I'm Logic. I have no real emotions. You'll have to do something about this."

My heart sank again. I hugged Logan tightly, hoping to comfort him. "You have emotion, Lo... It's just hidden. We just need to find and dig them out. I'm sure you feel some kind of emotion every once in a while, right?" I asked. I didn't let Logan talk as I continued. "How am I supposed to cheer them up? I can rarely cheer Virgil up unless I bake cookies, I already made cookies! It doesn't seem like it worked at all!"

Logan shook his Head and lightly pushed me off, walking out of my room, heading to his own. Sighing, I walked back towards the kitchen.

I didn't expect Roman to he walking out of Virgil's room, happier than before. "Roman! Oh I'm so glad you're okay!"

Roman smiled and put his finger up to his lips, showing me a sleeping Virgil. I smiled brighter and whispered, "Awww..."

Closing the door, Roman waved at me and walked over to the kitchen and I followed. He grabbed a cookie, still warm, and bit into it. "Thank you for cooking, Pat."

My eyes gleamed. "I'm so glad you enjoy them, Roman!"