The Siren

"You don't have him?" His voice is crude and disgruntled.

In the towers of Deimos, it's halls well known for its desolate and eerie ambiance. Some say they are haunted, but even Hoseok believes that what kind of ghosts haunting these halls be even more frightening than what they were facing right now. A figure stands tall and lanky before them. His long tattered cloak the colour of nightshade flows fluidly behind him as he stands; his hair a dark shade of silver and his skin white and pale. The alpha direwolf steps up. He has every right to be afraid of this being in front of him. This necromancer who once nearly succeeded in ruling this planet and slaving its inhabitants; but he steps forward nonetheless, hiding his fear for the sake of his faithful brothers and sisters who stand behind him.

"Unfortunately we had to redirect our plans. Your demon has destroyed even our home. We couldn't go any further without food and the hippogriffs, they-"

"But you don't have him!" The necromancer swiftly turns to Hoseok as his voice bellows through the halls. White eyes stare back at him, skin pale and ashen almost like blood no longer run through his veins. The direwolf freezes in his spot and he can already hear his beta growling behind him. He knows though that Malakai would not make a move unless he was told to do so.

"No. We couldn't find him." Hoseok replies. The necromancer straightens his body and stares down at the pack's leader.

"And I thought you direwolves were one of the greatest hunters in our history. Instead you have all turned soft." He insults the pack, this which indeed riles up Hoseok. Hoseok who takes great pride for his packs skill and ability is deliberately humiliated, especially in front of his companions.

"How dare you speak to me that way, warlock!" Hoseok growled, passing an insult just the same. The necromancer gives him a derisive smirk. The next thing he hears is loud and pained whimpers then suddenly the rest are barking and growling hysterically. He turns around to see Malakai choking and writhing, gasping for air and clawing at his own neck.

"Malakai!" he runs to his beta, struggling to hold on to his arms to prevent him from digging his claws into his own throat, but the wolf is suffering and Hoseok can do nothing to help.

"Hoseok! Make him stop! Make him stop!" Mahika, his delta screams.

"I'll do anything you say," Hoseok screams, but Malakai gasps louder. It's getting harder for him to breathe, any longer and it may just be his last breath. "Stop it! We'll look for him! We'll hunt down the phoenix, we'll kill him if you want us to, just let Malakai go!" Hoseok screams, desperate now. He had sworn to protect his pack and with any one of them hurt, he would never forgive himself.

"Please, I beg you." He pleads between gritted teeth. Then they hear coughing and hacking and Malakai is taking deep breaths, slowly allowing the oxygen to fill in his lungs again. Hoseok gets up and Mahika takes his place, holding her twin in her arms.

The rest of the pack stand their ground as the necromancer glides pass them and their leader and he proceeds to sit on his stone cathedra. "I don't want you to kill him. I want you to bring him to me," he orders. They can see him in full view now. Apart from his sunken face and pale dead skin, his body is nothing but cold and hard skeleton. The colour of coal; only a body that has tortured and trapped souls could turn into this. Who knows how many innocent souls this wizard has already sacrificed throughout his living centuries? "So that we can meet once again, eye to eye for the very last time."

Hoseok keeps his eye glued on the necromancer as he orders the rest of his pack to leave before him. He doesn't want to endanger them anymore.

"But Hoseok." One of Hoseok's best hunters, Bear, persuaded him to come with. Hoseok shook his head, promising the rest that he would come out soon. He had one last matter to speak with the necromancer.