Chapter 1

Why is the room so dark? That mattress is too soft and the cover is silky. Where am I? The last thing that I remember is that I was walking down the street on my way home after my night shift at the dinner which is a few blocks away from my apartment. Trying to adjust my eyes to the darkness, I search for any switch beside me, finally, I found it and put some light in the room. The room was the size of my apartment and very well furnished.

"Finally you have wake up" I shriek upon hearing a deep voice which brought me out of my trance. I made eye contact with blue cold eyes. I didn't even hear him get into the room." You were out for almost 2 days, I was so worried. The doctor told me that you are fragile as I am too tired due to lack of sleep and food. Hope that you are feeling much better now. I will tell the maid to bring you your soup and your medicine."

Never in my dream I have thought that my past will catch me again. Dean Black the CEO of BLACK Co operate LTD.

"Water please" that's all that I have managed to say as my throat was so dry. Within two long strides, he was beside me pouring a glass of water for me and helping me to drink. I have so many questions in my mind but I don't know where to start. And the Dean that is in front of me is no more the boy that I used to meet at dinners and parties, as now he is a well-built man. After finishing my glass of water I got enough strength to talk now. And adjust me to the bed.

" Where am I?" was the only question that was eating me since I woke up.

"You are in my apartment. I found you lying on a deserted road 2 days ago. So I brought you here and called a doctor to do a check-up to know what happen to you." Thank god he brought me here not to the hospital. I don't even have an insurance policy or a budget to pay a hospital bill. I already have so many pending bills, plus the kids' school fees. I need to work at two different places so that we to meet at the end of every month.

"Thank you so much and I won't abuse your hospitality I have already stayed here for two days now I need to get back home." Starting to get off the bed when I stand up, and I lost my balance I was preparing myself to fall when I felt a hand wrapped around my waist. I open my eyes and found Dean's piercing eyes meeting mine. It was as if he was looking through my soul. I shivered. He laid me on the bed and cover me again.

"No. You are still too weak and it is still dark I can't let you take risks. So you will be staying tonight and the doctor will be back tomorrow to check on your condition. Then we will be able to determine when you will get back on your feet again." He was scolding me as a child and got caught stealing candy.

" But I can't stay my children will be worried and I had never left them alone." tears were rolling down.

"No need to worry about that cause I have already taken care of it. You will meet them tomorrow morning." I just nod. I was about to protest but his hard look made me close my mouth immediately. That's how I know that it is the end of the discussion. When he reached the door he told me" the maid will bring you your dinner shortly please eat and rest. Stop worrying." And then he was out.

Fifteen minutes later someone knocks at the door a head poked in, and a soft voice said: " May I come in Madam?"

"Sure"

A girl wearing the maid uniform got in." Here is your dinner mam, and your medicine. Please leave the tray on the nightstand I will collect it later" then she retreats from my room. Once again I look at the tray my stomach growled letting me know that it was empty for two days. There was a bowl of soup a plate with grilled vegetables and some meat and a glass of water. I start to dig in. After eating everything, I took the pills. I found the remote control of the television beside my bed. I switch it on and tried to watch something on the big flat screen hanging on the wall in front of me. After half an hour I give up. I didn't find anything interesting, I switched it off and the light as well and tried to get some sleep.

*********************************************************************************************************

Hey guys on the 1st Chapter itself I made lots of changes. I hope you will like it. I will keep updating. please do not forget to like and comment and correct me for any mistake I did in my sentences.

Thanks, and stay safe.