Chapter Eight- Family First

*\/*/\*\/*/\*\/*/\*\/*/\*\/*/\*

Gray's POV-

I was walking to the mansion to meet up with Erza. She called me earlier, saying she had to discuss something important. I noticed that that girl Lucy was leaving the Mansion.. wait was that Natsu's shirt?! Whatever it's none of my business.

We cross paths and of course she gives me an evil glare. Although I couldn't blame her. I continue walking until I hear, "Let's go!". I turn around because that voice sounds quite familiar. I look at the person and they have ahold of Lucy's wrist. The only reason I knew who it was is because of their bracelet, other than that it'd be difficult considering the cloak they were wearing.

"Wendy?!" I yell. She looks up at me. Fright in her eyes. Ever since that night she hasn't looked at me like she used to. It breaks my heart, but it's for her own good.

"Y-yes..?" she stutters. "What are you doing?" I ask in a annoyed voice. . "Trying to be a decent human being." She says, still some fear in her voice. Does she not understand how dangerous this can be for her?! If Erza sees her this will end badly.

"You guys can go, I'll take care of this one." I say to Lucy and her es court as I pick of Wendy and throw her over my shoulder. She nods and heads off. Once they're out of sight I run Wendy back home not stopping once.

"Damn kid you've gotten big." I say panting. She looks up, tears in her eyes. "Why big brother? Why? I don't even know you anymore what's happened to you?!You may look like him, BUT YOU ARE NOT MY BROTHER!" she runs away into the house pushing pass Juvia who stands in the doorway. She just looks at me and shakes her head in disappointment. She then turns and leaves. Even Juvia?

Maybe it's time I told Wendy, maybe then she'd understand. Or maybe she won't. With her stubborn ass she'd probably present her self to Erza is I told her. No I can't have that happen. Wendy can hates me if she wants.

But I will always protect her.

Lucy's POV-

January ?

To be honest, I've lost count of what day it is. All I know is that I never know what the day has in store. Today that ass Gray's little sister showed up. It seemed as though she was trying to rescue me. Gray quickly cut her off and took her away. She looked at him with fear in her eyes.

How are those two even related?

I closed my journal and put it in my bag. It'd only been a few minutes or so since I arrived back to the mansion. Surely I can't call this my home, after all I'm just a slave here. But then why have I not been put to work? No I shouldn't jinx .

As these thoughts and questions ran through my head I started to think of my mother. How disappointed she would be in me, letting myself get into this mess. God I'm so stupid!

I move my hand up to wipe my eyes. I start to sniffle. I'm crying now. Not to hard, but enough. I lay down on the bed in the room and bury myself under all the covers. I have to admit this bed is pretty comfy. I look over to the shopping bags. Oh yea I'm still wearing Natsu's shirt. I have some shorts on now though.

I start to think of the other night, when I woke up being so close to Natsu. "It was bliss." I think to myself. Wait what?! No Lucy you can't think like that. He's evil. "But he's so cute!" No! why am I thinking like this?! Jesus something is really wrong with me.

Through all these thoughts somehow I manage to fall asleep.

Natsu's POV-

After I had left the room I decided to go talk to Erza. On my way there however I saw through a window as I looking outside, someone in a cloak?!

This looks pretty shady to me. As I walk to the nearest exit I keep an eye looking outside to make sure Lucy is safe.

Why do I keep worrying about her? Then I see the cloaked person grab her hand, she shouts something but I can faintly hear. I stopped walking and now I'm watching. Gray is talking to them, and they look up. It's... a little girl??

What the hell?! Well at least I have nothing to worry about. After Lucy and Virgo proceed to leave Gray picks up the child and hangs her over his shoulder. She looks up and sees my face. We lock gaze for a split second, then I run away.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A/N- Sorry I haven't updated! I've been pretty busy :/ with Father's Day and all. Do you guys like the story? I feel like it's not good enough, although I do enjoy writing it. Thanks for reading please vote and comment with any suggestions you may have, it'd help a lot! Thanks ^_^!