Chapter 11

"You guys were amazing!"

They had just finished performing and were walking out to the car park.

"Do you guys remember who's car we took?" Calum wondered.

"Yeah, we took Ashton's." Jess giggled at Calum's lack of memory.

"Ohhhh, right, right, right."

They were all stood in a strangely completely straight line as they walked, Jess mindlessly stared at their feet as they moved in sync with each other. She felt someone briefly brush hands with her. She looked back up and found it to be Michael. She smiled up at him and gripped his hand.

Jess decided on holding Luke's hand as well since it was just there. Calum and Ashton noticed, so they shrugged and held hands with each other, making Jess giggle. Cal then grabbed Luke's hand as well, and before she knew it, they were all skipping as they made their way over to Ashton's car. Calum and Ash sat in the front whilst Michael and Luke sat on either side of Jess in the back.

"Why do I have to be in the middle?" She whined.

"Because if Michael or I sat in the middle, then only one of us would get to sit next to you." Luke said matter-of-fact-ly.

"Fair enough." She shrugged, flattered at the fact that they both wanted to sit next to her so badly.

They aimlessly chatted amongst each other during the fifteen minute drive. Jess found herself to be extremely tired, even though the boys were the ones who should've lacked energy, considering they were out performing for the last couple hours. She tried to keep her eyes open but the exhaustion soon became overbearing and she felt herself slip into another one of the horrid nightmares she'd become so used to.

She constantly would dream of when her father died, how it happened, what it looked like, being caught in with him; on occasion, she'd dream of him still being alive, him kissing her goodnight and her mother and father happily married, sharing stolen kisses. Many would think that'd be a great dream, but not when you had to wake up sobbing because it wasn't real.

She stirred in her sleep a bit, barely fazed anymore by the constant nightmares. Michael and Luke watched as she would doze off and then shake herself awake.

She was still gripping their hands when her head rolled back and the soft snores escaped her mouth. They always teased her about her snoring, she always denied it and in fact, they were both wrong; it was merely heavy breathing.

-

"I've got her."

"Nah mate, I'll do it."

"Mate, I got this."

Luke and Michael were now standing outside on the side of Ashton's car, arguing over who would carry her to her bed. Calum was trying to stop their bickering and Jess was still in the backseat of The car.

So Ashton walked over to the still open car door, and scooped her up. He walked up the pavement towards her house, and slowly made his way up the path to her front door. He struggled not to drop her, having more trouble with the doorknob than anticipated. Jess stirred in her sleep from all of his struggling. She switched her position from being carried bridal style, and decided on moving completely so that her front was pressed against his. She wrapped her arms and legs around his body and nuzzed her face further into his neck.

He chuckled at her unconcious movement. He opened the door to her house with much more ease, her new position giving him more capability to tend to the door. He carried her up the stairs with ease, and when he got to her room, he turned on the dim fairy lights she had hung around the perimeter of the walls.

He made his way to her bed and pulled back the comforter. She whimpered when he put her down, making him giggle, as she pouted a bit. He leaned down and gave her a short kiss on the forehead. He stood from his knealing position, and turned away, before he could even begin walking away, she grabbed his wrist and pulled him back.

"Wait, don't go yet." she whined at him.

He chuckled before knealing down to her level. She asked him to get her something to wear to bed for her, claiming she was "too comfy" to get it herself. They both knew she was just too lazy. After much debate, he finally gave in and went to get her something comfortable to wear. He made his way to the other side of the room and grabbed her a pair of gym shorts he knew she wore to bed, as well as an oversized t-shirt she had stolen from one of the boys.

You'd think she'd just change into that and be fine, but he knew this weird obsession she had with changing into a pair of boxers before she could fall alseep. It was really fucking weird. None-the-less, he turned back to the dresser and opened the top drawer, flustering a bit when he saw some of her "under-garments". He quickly grabbed a pair of boxers she kept in that drawer and made his way back to her bed. He handed her the clothing, as stood aimlessly. He and she both blushed a bit as she began to shimmy out of her skinny jeans and underwear underneath the deep plum of her duvet.

He quickly turned around out of embarrassment and made his way to her bathroom to grab her the makeup wipes he knew she'd ask for. He shook off the embarrassment he felt and continued his journey back to Jess.

"Erm... here.... I guess." he nervously chuckled, his hand mindlessly moving to the back of his neck as he stared at the ground.

"Thanks." she giggled at his flushed face. She didn't seem to be embarrassed and he figured she just wasn't, which was true, because she found no reason to be embarrassed. They stayed up and chatted a bit while she removed the remains of her makeup.

"I'm tired, night Ash." she yawned, yanking him down and kissing his cheek.

"Night Jessy." he smiled warmly at her before making his way to the door. He looked back and quietly giggled to himself at how fast she had dozed off to sleep. He shook his head, still letting out breathy giggles as he turned off the lights and shut the door.

~

Sorry this chapter was so short! By the way, I'm sure you've noticed, but. I switched to third person because then I wouldn't have to keep switching POVs at such an annoying rate. Anyway, thanks for all the support and love! I guess I should probably just keep writing then? Haha, also, I don't remember her name, but someone commented on one of my chapters saying that I should write for myself and yeah. Thank you by the way! So yeah.... I'll try to update as much as possible! Love you guys!!! - Morgan