ARTHUR WEASLEY WAS UNDER THE IMPERIUS CURSE

In this theory, Weasley family patriarch Arthur was placed under the Imperius curse by Voldemort and his Death Eaters during the Dark Lord's rise to power, making him one of the few legitimate victims of the curse in a world where most of those who claimed they had been bewitched were just doing it to justify the actions they took under Voldemort's reign. At the time, Weasley would have been a young up-and-comer in the Ministry of Magic, making him a perfect target for Death Eaters looking to get a foothold in the organization. It also cites Arthur's particular hatred of Lucius Malfoy for his acquittal after blaming his actions on the Imperius curse, as well as his strong respect for Mad-Eye Moody, who, posts, was the Auror who investigated Arthur's case and realized that he was telling the truth. Another large piece of evidence comes in Barty Crouch, Jr.'s (disguised as Moody) response to Ron correctly identifying the Imperius curse in Defense Against the Dark Arts class because his father told him about it. "Ah yes," Crouch responds. "Your father would know that one." This theory may be hard to confirm without a Rowling intervention, but it does seem plausible.