Prologue

A/N: Here's a snippet of a new story I'm working on let me know what you think comments=love! :)
—————————————————————————-

He was the one thing that all humans feared, but could never see. But unlike most humans, Aiden Perry did see death he literally saw him.

His face was hidden by a dark cloak taking libes of many everywhere Aiden went. But he made sure not to look at Death in the eyes. Death has never saw him yet. And Aiden could only hope that he wouldn't.

Aiden has seen his cloak shadow figure ever since he was little, his grand mama always told him to look down and warned him to never look at death in the eyes. Because if he did, he would be Death's next victim.

It was Saturday night when he unexpectedly saw Death again. Aiden could feel his presence every time Death was near. His bones would grow frigid and chills would erupt all over his body making Aiden froze as he felt the sensation of a dark looming shadow would appear around a corner.

He was here. He could feel and sense his dark aura around him.

Aiden shakily put on his sunglasses ignoring the looks people gave him after all it was night time at the 7/11 store. Why is a weirdo wearing shades at this time of the day? Simple, it all started when he was little Aiden was always bullied as a child all because he never socialized with anyone around him. He never did for one reason, and that was because he could tell when someone was going to die just by looking at them.

And when they are dying there was nothing that Aiden could do about it but watch. It hurt every time and he hated his curse. But he had no choice, his grand mama warned him that if Death himself were to see him and they'd lock eyes with each other he would be taken by Death.

So, he hid himself behind his sunglasses and looked down whenever he sensed his presence just like now.
"Aiden, loose the shades you look ridiculous!" His boss scolded him but Aiden brushed it off as he always did and ringed the next customer up. All of a sudden, there was a loud screech in front of the 7/11 making everyone in the store scream as two cars loudly crashed into each other.

"Somebody call 911!" Aa a standby cried out as people began to take out their phones left and right. Aiden, didn't do any of that. Instead he just looked down and avoided the heavy presence of Death. Aiden's body started shaking, as he held his grandmama's cross in his pocket. Inwardly, he was saying a prayer, hoping that Death wouldn't see him. And that Aiden wouldn't see his face.
All around him people were screaming as Aiden's boss began to shout profanities at the sight before them.

"Somebody do something!"
Aiden wished he could. Aiden whispered to himself as he dared to look at Death's black cloak loomed over the rising flames. He was already collecting souls with him. 10 minutes later, the policeman and two fire trucks came in as the firemen attempted to wash away the flames. Aiden let out a shaky breath as he could only watch as they carried out the seemingly lifeless bodies, and tried to recuperate them.

Aiden slowly walked around the counter from where he stood and watched it all happen so quickly. Sometimes, these souls would be lucky and the CPR is enough to spare them from Death's clutches. Other times they weren't. Aiden watched as he murmured another silent prayer to God, hoping that they will make it. But, they didn't.... Aiden squeezed his eyes shut as he heard people crying and wailing around him the sounds of more vans coming towards the scene these vans were from CNN, and ABC news.

This was nothing new to him. But every time this did happen he sorely wished he could do something to prevent them from passing away. Aiden slowly removed his shades to get a clearer view of the scene feeling more guilty than he ever has before. Until, he felt the small presence of Death again. It was an aching, heavy feeling making Aiden's naturally warm body temperature turn cold as ice whenever he was around. But Aiden was to dumbstruck to move, to guilty to even as the heavy feeling grew stronger. The sounds around him numbed his senses, preventing him from reacting properly.

And thats when it happened. Death turned around and saw Aiden. Aiden and Death's eyes meet for the first time in his life and he felt like his breath was taken away.

His heart was pounding as he let out a breath and stared at his otherworldly handsome face and piercing blue eyes, loose black hair that hung loosely around his cheeks and a neatly shaven face. Aiden gasped when Death crossed his eyebrows in confusion. Of course he must be confused! Aiden thought to himself. A human was seeing him for the first time in who knows how many centuries!

He could tell that Death was distracted from doing his job at collecting souls, normally when Death would collect he'd kneel down and open their mouths while sucking out their souls into his own body.

Aiden had to leave, had to go to this grandmama who was a shaman. Aiden quickly looked away from Death's oddly beautiful face for a man and ran out the back of the 7/11, ignoring the cries of his boss and ran the hell out of there.

Death saw him! Death saw him face to face! And now he was surely going after Aiden's soul!