Races

There is going to be two slots per race. Any race can be any class that's still available. See the Classes section for more details on that.

Elves

These ethereal humanoids are often viewed as haughty and stuck up. They are graceful and often magically inclined. In this land, elves reside in a magical city called Havenfel. They rarely leave this city, but when they do many quickly return. Some elves have brief relationships with humans that result in Half-Elves. Even fewer have long term relationships with creatures of other races. Those that do are often seen as outsiders, who would prefer the toils of the outside life to the safety of the city.

Half-Elves

The product of a human and elf union, often half-elves are seen as outsiders by elves. They are seen as a disgrace, or a lapse in judgement. Most humans see them as a blessing, or a sign of good fortune. Many half-elves are raised by humans, only ever acknowledged by their other parent when absolutely needed. Recently, the community of Juhan has seen a large increase in the amount of half-elves immigrating into the area.

Humans

The most adaptable and tenacious of the races, humans are the most scattered. The two main settlements are Opalis and Yelth, both large cities that are on the coast. Humans have few special abilities compared to other races, and live a lot shorter than others. However, they are very good at finding ways to live in places that other people find difficult to settle in.

Dragonborn

A race that prides itself on scholarly acts, Dragonborn look like lizard people with dragon's heads. They come in all colors, and while metallic Dragonborn are considered good, chromatic Dragonborn have ties to evil roots. They rarely leave their part of the world, and when they do hey return home quickly.

Dwarves

A short but proud mountain dwelling race, dwarves are craftsmen of all kinds. Artists, inventors, and even creators of strange types of magic, dwarves are creative. All dwarves have beards, and when a dwarf is shamed by commuting a crime or losing a contest their beard is cut off. They are traders and creators and make most of the weapons and machines of the world.

Gnomes

These forest-dwelling folk are very isolated and like to play tricks on the big folk who stumble into their woods. They usually barely clear three feet tall and most hate being reminded of how short they are. Many young gnomes take journeys to discover themselves, but those that return usually stay for life.

Goliaths

A large race that may or may not be descended from giants, these warriors are eight feet tall. Goliaths of all genders and ages are fighters, and to lose a fight is a great shame. This race has no cities, but wanders in nomadic herds that sometimes include people other races that are looking for adventure.

Half-Orcs

The product of a human and an orc, half-orca are shunned by most everyone. Many half-orcs live on the edges of cities, or walk with the Goliath herds. From humans, half-orcs face hatred for their orc parentage and their strange appearance, while orcs see half-orcs as weakened by human compassion.

Assimar

The children of mortals and angels, Assimar often have blue eyes and white hair. Some sport wings, but very rarely do they appear until old age. Any community that is home to an Assimar is seen as blessed by the gods.

Tieflings

The flip side of Assimar, Tieflings are the children of demons and mortals. They have colorful skin tones and horns, often having eyes that are one solid color. Some have tails, and many are shunned from any kind of normal life. They are seen as cursed, and there are places that won't even serve them.

Genasi

The children of elementals and mortals, genasi can be of the fire, water, air, or earth varieties. They look mostly like their mortal parent, but have a mark of their primal heritage. Usually this appears in their hair, skin, eyes, or the sound of their voice.