Bad Day

You heard the door close in your house and saw your husband walk into the living room. You got up and went up to him smiling. "Hey babe! How was your day?" You asked cheerful but suddenly your smile dropped when you saw the look on Grant's face all red and puffy. You frowned knowing he had been crying and took a step forward. "Babe, are you okay?" You asked starting to put your arms around his torso. He moved away before you could embrace him and cleared his throat, pausing for a second. "I'm fine." He stated but you knew something was wrong, he was always so smiley and positive. He brushed passed you and went into your bedroom, you followed him. Grant laid down on your bed on his back, putting his arm over his eyes. You crawled up next to him and laid down on your side, stroking his arm. You heard him sigh before he moved his arm, a tear slipping down his face. "Ugh, I'm just so stupid," he mumbled and you sat up more. "I just.. I-I don't know," he stuttered. "I just don't know why I put in so much and give everyone so much and then they treat me like shit. I just...don't even know, Y/N" he turned his head and looked away from you. You frowned knowing how hard he's been working and scooted over and rested your head on his chest, he kissed your forehead and put his arm around your shoulder.
"Grant don't let them get to you. You're an incredible person with such a big heart. Who cares what they think or do, you are so much better then they are and I think they are just jealous of how humble and how far you've come with your work. Let's not forget how handsome you are", you said and kissed his cheek. "I just want you to know that I love you more than anything and those who treat you badly don't deserve anything from you." You said quietly drawing patterns on his chest with your finger. He sighed deeply and nodded.
"Have I even told you how much I love you? You smiled at Grant, "yes many times." "I'm so glad that I have you in my life Y/N" he said his lips against your forehead. You sat up and kissed him and laid back down "I love you." Grant smiled at you at wrapped you in his arms you smiled to yourself and closed your eyes, wrapped in each others embrace you both eventually fell asleep.