Are You Going?

This was awkward.

I stared out of the window of the truck, still thinking about what Michelle said to me.

"You alright? You'd be blabbing at me about running that stop sign by now." Hes raspy voice filled the silent car.

I honestly didn't care.

"Eh, it's whatever." I mumbled looking out of the window shrugging.

"What if I do this." He said swerving and driving into the wrong side of the lane.

"Okay, asshole, watch out!!" I yelled as he laughed merging back into the correct lane.

We pulled up to my house and I got out throwing my bag over my shoulder. "Uh. Thanks." I said through the open window of his truck.

"Don't mention it, just prepare for tomorrow, love. Huehuehue." He laughed driving away.

I laughed at his stupidness.

The front door slammed open before I go to it.

"(Y/N), who was that boy??" My mother pulling me inside, her smile was large.

"No one." I said, still feeling a little confused about my feelings towards him.

"What do you mean no one? Grandma! A boy drove (Y/N) home!" My mother yelled back at my grandma on the couch. My grandma's face smiled slightly.

My mother was so giddy. Maybe I should be too? But John was just being nice, wasn't he?

Or was he trying to distract me about our little game?

Ugh. He's going to regret that.

I did my assignment, very roughly understanding the concept, moving into my English assignment. I finally got my work done, eating dinner while my mom leaves for work. She works night shift, so she has to sleep all day.

I went into my room and sat on my bed grabbing my alarm clock to set the time. I stared at the clock for moment thinking about what I wanted to do.

Finally, I set my alarm back one hour and 30 minutes. I sighed slightly setting back next to my bed.

I shut my eyes and drifted asleep.

I woke up to the horrible sound of the alarm clock. I shut it off, missing the button a few times.

It's Friday. Come on, get up.

This was getting harder. I wonder how long I was going to do this, I was exhausted.

I sighed zoning out.

I snapped out of it, running to the bathroom putting fresh cloths on and fixing myself up.

I kissed my grandmother's head as I ran out of the door.

I was jogging down the street. Why was I doing this? Was it that important? I thought slowing down.

Then I thought back to John's idiot face.

Yes it was important.

I went back to jogging, slowing down here and there. Once i made it to the school, it was still a little dark. I walked up the steps and down the hall to get the the class.

Once i was about to turn down the hallway where the class was, I saw a figure at the end of the other hallway. It was John.

No way.

We both paused and looked at each other. Then we both started to run for the door in the middle of the hall.

Someone had to get there first, and it had to be me.