Prologue

A long time ago, a girl was born in Athena. Her parents named her Medusa who grew up as a fair maiden. Every day, she helped her family with their field and farmhouse. Some neighbors tried to match their son with the hardworking and pretty girl. But she politely refused their proposal.

Since Medusa was a child, she always wanted to be a priestess therefore she vowed to be celibate her entire life. It was her only dream. Ceto did not see anything bad in the career path her daughter chose. She encouraged Medusa to fulfill her call. However, Phorcys, her father was not happy at the beginning. It took days of persuasion from his wife to explain how Medusa was an adult who is capable of making decisions and as parents, they should support her. After some time, Medusa gained her father's approval.

Once Medusa was twenty years old, her parents bid her goodbye. She went to Akropolis, the highest peak of Athena which surrounded by high and thick walls. There stood a big temple made from white marbles as known as the Parthenon. The name meant the temple of the virgin goddess. Parthenon was dedicated to Athena, the goddess of wisdom, war, strategy and skill.

Inside the Parthenon, there is a room for the worship ceremony called Erechteion. The citizens brought gifts like olive oil, wine and animals. They came here to asked for guidance on decision they should make in their lives or when they want something from the gods. Medusa began her new life in that room. Together with the other priest and priestess, she organized the ceremony for every single day.

Athena loved the obedient priestess who kept doing her tasks well. Medusa was her favorite girl although Athena never admitted it. Medusa was just happy by serving the goddess. She could do this for a lifetime. Sadly, all good things must come to an end.