It ain't My Fault

Things started to get messy when Poseidon, the sea god was attracted by the beauty of the sweet lady. He entered to her chamber once in a while. Medusa was glad to accept his visit. She was a naïve girl who always sees the good in people. She interpreted Poseidon's flirting as a friendly chat. The sea god started to get impatient. He wanted nothing but her body beneath him, screaming his name from the top of her lungs in pleasure. So, he made an evil plan.

One night, Poseidon has made his way into Medusa's room. He saw the full breasts and curves in all the right places. Driven by lust, he climbed into bed. This caused Medusa to open her eyes. She was shocked and shrieked. Poseidon shushed her by pointing his trident to her neck. He took an amount of green algae and ordered Medusa to eat them. She chewed and swallowed the bitter plant. Not long after, her vision became blurry, her throat was dried and she lost the control of her body. Poseidon had a wicked smile on his face. He got undressed and ripped Medusa's clothes. Medusa was silently crying when he groped her breast and ran his hand towards her southern region. He positioned himself on top of her and in one hard thrust, he penetrated her, took away her virginity. At the very moment, she wanted to die.

Athena was having her midnight walk when she heard noises came from one corridor. She approached the source and kicked the wooden door open. The sight before her was the last thing she expected to see. Poseidon was rocking his body erratically. Medusa had her eyes closed under him. Poseidon turned his face to Athena, panting against Medusa and smiling when he let out a moan and his body went stiff, finishing his himself off, before he collapsed on top of Medusa.

Athena was furious. She grabbed her spear. Poseidon knew he caused trouble. But he was a god too, he was not afraid. He just waved her off, took his scattered clothes and kissed his nephew's cheek before disappearing into the deep blue sea.

Medusa opened her eyes, glad it was over. But her nightmare was far from over. She was even more terrified when her attention shifted to the goddess. She was speechless. Athena tried to hide her anger, disappointment and sadness. Athena gave Medusa new clothes and sat on the edge of the bed.

When Medusa was decent, she tried to speak. This time, she found her voice. She explained the horrid event which she wanted to erase from her mind. She apologized but Athena was not buying it.

"It ain't my fault," Medusa sobbed. "I was asleep. He came in, and he was on top of me. I panicked. I wanted to scream but he threatened me. I was so afraid and helpless. Then, he gave me this weird plant. It was so bad that I wanted to vomit. The plant has bad effects on my body. I lost my strength," Pause. "He drugged me."

"What happened next?" Athena asked.

Medusa looked up at her. "Didn't you see it with your own eyes what that jerk did to me."

Athena slapped her. "Watch your language. He is a god. You have to respect him."

"He raped me. I was the victim here. You want me to respect him? Are you insane? I don't care what he is, god, human or any other creature. Respect is gained not given," Medusa did not bother to hold her tears anymore.

"You seduced him," Athena reasoned.

"Oh, was I?" Medusa countered. Her voice was barely audible. She wanted to shout and cuss. She hugged her knees close to her body, rocking slightly.

Athena got up and looked back at Medusa. She was not angry at her, not anymore. In fact, she pitied her. She looked so fragile and small. It almost broke her heart.

"What you did was unacceptable. You are a sinner and you will pay for it," Athena deadpanned.

"How could you? All my life, I worship you. This is what I get in return. You make me pay for a sin I did not commit," Medusa cried.

"No more nonsense. This holy temple is tainted by your ignorance act."

Athena raised her right hand and cursed her priestess. She made Medusa into a hideous creature. Her golden-haired transformed into venomous snake. Her green eyes turned into blood-shot. Her red lips turned dry and chapped. Her white skin turned a scary green hue. Her face was so terrible that everyone who looks at it would turn to stone.

"This way, no one would ever fall on your trap."

Medusa inspected her green skin, her face and yelped when she felt snakes on top of her head, replacing her hair. She fell to her knees in front of the goddess.

"Athena, please. Have mercy on me," Medusa begged.

"Every action comes with consequences. This is your punishment. Live with it. One more thing, you are no longer needed here," Athena stated.

"Has it ever crossed your mind? How hurt it was when my hymen broke. How he ravished my body like there is no tomorrow. How he kept thrusting his penis into my vagina, harder, faster and deeper. Using me to satisfy his needs. Do you know how did it feel? You wouldn't know because you're not in my shoes. Let me tell you. It hurt like hell. I prayed for you to put me out of my misery. For a moment, I saw hope again when you caught us. It ended. Now, it's like I jumped from the frying pan into the fire," Medusa smiled faintly.

Medusa stood up straight and wiped away her tears. She gathered her things and gasped when the bed sheet is red from her blood. Suddenly, she felt pain in her stomach and between her legs. Pictures on her mind on replay and she shook her head. She took a deep breath and released it slowly, blocking the images. She curtsied before leaving her room.

"Wait," Medusa stopped in her track. "If there is someone who loves you for who you are, looks past your ugly appearance, the curse will be broken."

"You are too generous. Thank you for the false hope. I appreciate it," With that, Medusa slammed the door.

AN: Medusa is a victim. Poseidon is a rapist. Writing that scene caused a pang in my heart.

What do you think about how Athena react and the curse itself? Is it a false hope, that someone will love Medusa?