Chapter One: Unwanted Betrothal

"Nothing is more difficult, and therefore more precious, than to be able to decide." ~Napoleon Bonaparte

"You will marry Loras Tyrell," Mother ordered. "And that is final."

I scowl.

"You have someone else in mind?" Mother questions. "Speak."

"Loras Tyrell is years older than me," I reply. "I was thinking more along the lines of Viserys Targareyn."

Everyone looks appalled. Tyrion chuckles as he downs another glass of summerwine.

"I'm joking of course," I add quickly.

I prefer to keep my head attached to my body. Mother just sighs and adjusts my hair.

"Try to behave. No running around with the Stark boys."

She didn't say no climbing.

___-___-___-___-___-___-___-___-___-___-___-___-___-___-___-___-___-___-___-___-__

I scowl as we step out of the carridge. This stupid dress is getting in my way. Myrcella says it's nice and complements my eyes, but I couldn't care less. Joffrey wears his high necked black shirt with the red sash. Myrcella wears a pink dress. Tommen wears an outfit so he looks like a mini Joffrey. And of course me in my blue green dress. Hideous thing it is.

All the Stark boys wear all black with blue cloaks with a white fur trim. All the boys and Arya. Sansa wears a blue silk gown. I catch Arya's eye and make a face. She makes one back. How gladly I would trade with her.

"These are my boys Joffrey and Tommen," Mother begins, "And my daughters Myrcella and, as you know, Lysa."

Bran catches my eye, and it is visible he's trying not laugh. 'Not funny,' I mouth to him. He just smirks. Evil child.

"This is Robb, Sansa, Arya, Bran, and Rickon," Catelyn says.

I like Catelyn. She's nice. Except to Jon. I wish she was my mother sometimes.