Chapter One : The beginning

"Mia I need that customer to be seen to,"my boss had shouted at me from his office door.

I was only a assistant I couldn't sell art. I simply thought that it was an awful idea.
I got up from my chair and marched off to a man wearing a grey suit and a tall skinny girl who stood next to him. I'd assumed her to be his wife.

"Good evening. May I help you guys with anything," I interrupt their silence as they were talking in their surroundings.

The man in the suit was a breathtaking young businessman who I'd assumed to be an old grumpy, married man.

"Yes, I would like to know how much it is to purchase this entire art gallery." The man asked in his toneless husky voice.

"Just a second. I'll be back. I'm just going to call my boss," I mumbled in a quiet voice.

I walked over to the office where my boss was, the door was always shut. Sometimes I would wonder what he were to do in there always thought something suspicious like running the cartel or I don't know. I knocked on the door and silently waited for a reply.

"Come in," he demanded.

I opened the door and walked in. "Mr Anderson a businessman is here and he wants to purchase the art gallery."

Mr Anderson got up from his desk and stormed out of his office in anger. I followed behind him until he stopped just in front of the businessman. I swear he looked like one of those heartbreaking, filthy rich billionaires.

"Mr King," Mr Anderson says surprisingly.

"Mr Anderson quite a surprise to see you here." Mr king said in shocked himself too.

"I'm interest in purchasing this art gallery," Mr King started. "How much are you willing to sell it for?"

"A million dollars," Mr Anderson challenged, his eyes glinting in arrogance.

Mr King took a few seconds of thought before he shrugged nonchalantly. "One million dollars it is,"

He then shook Mr Anderson's hand all the while glaring at me. I actually had to look away from his piercing eyes.

"Oh and one more thing Mr Anderson. I want that gorgeous assistant of yours to come work for me," Mr King suddenly said as he smirked at me.

I rolled my eyes while I crossed my fingers, hoping and praying that Mr Anderson would disagree with his proposition.

"Yes, you have my word Mr King," Mr Anderson said shaking Mr King's hand once again.

Mr King and the woman headed for the door. Their body guard opened the door for them. He slid into the backseat of a black car they drifted down the street.

"Why did you sell the company?" I asked Mr Anderson curiously.

"Because Mia, I can't be owning an art gallery for the rest of my life. I want to grow old and I want Polly to have babies and start her family." Mr Anderson said strolling back to his office.

Polly was one of Mr Anderson's cat. He probably going to die living with 14 cats. As sad as that sounded.

I walked to my desk. I worked for a rich businessman that probably had a high ego about himself. Oh Miara Snow how are you ever going to do this.

I had no family except for the family I still had back in England. My parents were originally from England, but they came to the US for a fresh start. They then had started their family with me and my eldest sister and eldest brother.

I was born in the United States and finished high school here. My family wanted to move back to England, but I chose to stay. Five years had gone and I hadn't seen or heard from them ever since.

The phone rang, pulling me out of my thoughts. I picked it up and pressed the answer button. "Anderson Art Gallery Studio. This is Mia speaking. How may I help you?"

"Hi Mia this is Samantha speaking from Kensington Law firm. Mr King would like for you to meet him. We have sent a chauffeur to escort you to our offices." said a woman's voice in the other side of the line.

"Okay thank you," I said before I ended the call.

I grab my hand bad and cellphone. I headed for the front door then to the parking lot where a black Mercedes-Benz stood there waiting for me.

The driver got out of the car and opened the back door for me. I silently thanked him and got into the car.

We drove for about 20 minutes before we stopped at a huge building. A lady stood there waiting outside with her black laced up heels and a tight white dress. I got out of the car and approached her.

"Good Afternoon, you must be Mia." the lady greeted.

"Yeah nice to meet you and you are?" I said as we walked through the glass doors of the building.

"I'm Samantha. I spoke to you on the phone earlier." she explained.

I nodded with understanding. "Oh, right."

"Please do follow me. As mentioned earlier, Mr King would like to see you in his office." she said, pressing the elevator button.

"May I ask what for?" I enquiried as the elevator doors slid open.

"Well Mia, Mr King doesn't usually discuss these things with me. I just make the calls." Samantha chuckled nervously.

The doors open again and we walked out the elevator.

"This place is stunning," I muttered as I took a wild look around the building.

"It sure is," Samantha nodded in agreement.

She lead me through an infinite number of passageways until we stopped. She took a sit at a desk and instructed me to go in through the door before me. I pushed the heavy office door open. To my dismay I tripped and stumbled right into the office.

"Miss Snow, what a pleasant way to enter my office." Mr King greeted, looking up from his laptop.