Chapter two

Miss Snow, what a pleasant way to enter my office." Mr King greeted, looking up from his laptop.

"Same here, what can I do for you Mr king?"

"Please do sit Mia," Mr king instructs me. "I want you to work at harper firm as my personal assistant."

I knew he was some how up to something the minute he walked into the that art gallery. He wanted me and that pisses me off. "I'm sorry but I decline the offer," I say firmly.

"Mia this is not how it works," he says enquiring me.
Q
"So then please do tell me how it works because clearly I never got the memo on how to play this little game." I taunt.

"I bought that gallery for a client and he will be getting rid of all the workers that work there so in advance I decided to offer you a job seems as though you would be jobless in just about a few days." Mr king assured me.

Made he is actually right and that would mean that I could loose my apartment because I still have to pay rent. "So why pick me," I questioned him.

"Because I only take the best."

"Who said I was the best?" I asked Mr king who's eyes are now completely focused on his laptop screen. Mr king sighs and smirks. "Mia I looked into your profile best in maths, business studies and history and got a distinction in art."

"Are you even supposed to be looking at my file without my permission cause that is clearly very stalker vibes."  I surmised.

"So why didn't you go to law school and get a good career," Mr king questioned me.

"Because what if I told you that your family couldn't give a damn about your life that they just want you to live the average life. Work. Pay rent and pretend to be happy."

"Look Mia all I'm asking is for you to take the job and we will see from further matters on," Mr king advises me.

"And what would your wife say about this," I ask him. Mr king starts laughing in his husky toned voice." My wife?"

"Yah the one that came with you to the gallery today."

"Goodness sake Mia I can't even keep a relationship for a second why would I have a wife if I can't even keep a relationship and that is the head of the firm Helen Harper." Mr king informs me.

"Oh," I reply. Clearly I was being dumb there. "Mr king I accept the job offer when do I starts?" I began. "Seems as though maybe I need a fresh Start with something different."

"Well then Mia you began tomorrow," he says shaking my hand. "Oh and please do call me Liam," he states before getting up to open up the door for me.

"Well then." I began. "It was nice meeting you Liam." I walk out of the office and walk downstairs taking the a cab home. I open up my apartment door only to find my roommate also my best friend laying on the coach and binge watching Netflix.

"Hey Lara," I say walking past her.

"Hey Mia I messaged you hundred and forty-times 5 minutes ago," she says pausing the tv.

"Oh you did!" I say sounding surprised. "What did you message me about?"

"Oh about Mark and I's relationship telling you about my relationship and how we like have a friends with benefits relationship."

"Let see," I say scratching in my bag for my iPhone but I had no luck of finding my phone in my bag. 'Oh shit!' I mutter to my self. The last place I had it was when I put it on Liams desk when I sat down. Oh my gosh! He probably saw those messages.

"Oh shit what?" Lara interrupts me.

"I left my phone on Liam's desk," I say panicking.

"Wait! Who is Liam?" Lara questions me.

"My new boss I got a new job and I start working there tomorrow and he probably saw the message pop up on the screen and Lara I am panicking." I say getting up and pacing up and down.

"Okay calm down!" Lara began. "We will call a cab and go fetch it. It is going to be okay Mia."

Lara grabs my pursue and we headed out threw the door and got into the backseat of the cab that was waiting for us outside.

Threw out the whole car ride it was just silence until we stopped outside a tall building. I got out of the cab and Lara paid the cab driver. We walked into the building and took the elevator to the top floor.

The Elevator doors once again open and I walked out of the elevator with Lara following behind me. She looked lost like she was dreaming or something. I walked over to Samantha who was sitting at her desk getting ready to pack up and leave. "Hey Samantha is Mr king still there?" I ask her.

"Hey Mia yah do you want to see him?" Samantha questions me with confession.

"Yes please! I just need to get something."

"Okay you can just go In," she instructs me. "Thank you," I mouth to her.

I push the door open and find Liam sitting on the edge of the desk facing a lady who had brown hair and freckles on her cheeks and I bell rang in my head. Its the same lady that went with Liam to the Art Gallery I think he said her name was Helen and she was the boss of this firm.

"Mia," Liam says surprised and Helen turned around to face me. "Mr king," I say formally greeting him.

"Helen this is Mia my Personal Assistant," Liam introduces me.

"Miss snow," Helen says getting up from her chair and shaking my hand. "It is so lovely to hear that you are joining us."

"I'm happy to be joining," I declared.

"So Liam I guess we done we will discuss further matters tomorrow," she informed him before exiting his office.

"So what can I do for you Mia Snow," Liam emphasised.

"My phone please," I say with embarrassment.

Liam opened up his draw and handed me black box with a apple logo on it. "I wasn't sure if rose gold would suite you or gold so I went with rose gold."

"I can't except this," I say to him. "Is it possible if I could get my old phone back?" I ask him.

"Oh about that." He began. "The orgasms and friends with benefits relationship of your friend was awfully disturbing." He says opening up his draw and giving me my phone.

"I prefer that you use the phone that I have given you due to company preferences and please Mia don't ever leave your phone on my desk I was on the verge of throwing up."

I took the box that was I his hand. "Thank you and I will see you tomorrow Liam." I say heading for the door. "Oh and Mia don't be late," Liam instructs me.

I turned back around and walk out of his office. Some how he doesn't seem that bad after all I mean I could be his PA.