Chapter 14

Today I decided to head to the rink. I had to have (b/f) drive me there since I wasn't aloud to drive with a fractured knee. She knocked on the door, "Come in!" I yelled from the stairs, finishing putting on my shoes. She came through the door, holding a gift bag in her hand. "This is for you. Just a little something to cheer you up from what happened yesterday." She told me. "Aw, thanks sister." I carefully stood up and gave her a hug. While growing up, I was always an only child. When I met (b/f) when I was 3 we became instant best friends and always have been since that day. (B/f) was always an only child as well until a few years ago when her parents split and both now have 5 kids each. We became really close in the past years of being best friends that we call each other sister.

I took out the tissue paper and saw my favorite candy and a gift card. "Thanks this cheers me up a lot. I'm probably not going to skate today but I might watch Yuri. Just in case I skate I'm gonna bring my duffle bag with my skating stuff in it." I told her putting it on my shoulder. "Want me to carry it so it doesn't hit your crutches when you walk?" She asked me holding out her hand. I nodded and handed it to her. (B/f) was so caring and nice. I don't know what I would do without her. She put my bag in the back of her car and off we went to the rink. (B/f) had the whole day to do anything she wanted so she decided to stay with me at the rink today so I would have company instead of just watching Yuri and Victor the whole time.

When I walked inside, I saw Victor watching Yuri skate to the song Yuri On Ice. I knew this song. It was the song to Yuri's free skate. Neither one of them noticed me until Yuri skated off of the ice. As soon as they both saw me, they ran towards me. Victor wanted a hug but noticed my crutches. "(Y/n)...what did you do now?" He asked worriedly, staring at me holding my crutches under my arms. "I fractured my knee but the doctor said I can skate but otherwise I have to stay off of it. To be honest, it doesn't even hurt when I put pressure on it anyway so I'm good." I tried convincing him. He continued to stare at me and thought about what I said for a minute. I knew he didn't really believe that I was aloud to still skate, but I was.

    I let out a sigh, "Please Vic-Chan. You don't need to worry about me. I'm fine, promise." I told him. He believed me this time and gave me a hug. I hugged him back. "So, how did you fracture it?" Yuri asked me curiously. "Well, remember when I fell on the ice? I fractured it when I fell at the last competition. The doctor said I will probably need surgery after skating is over. Now I get to look forward to 3 surgery's instead of just 2. Life just gets so much better every day." I announced sarcastically. Apparently Victor had never heard me be so sarcastic before so he looked kind of shocked at my choice of words.

"I was being sarcastic." I replied to him quickly. Before I was able to say anything else, he grabbed my hand and took me outside. "Where are we going? Victor?" I quickly looked back at Yuri and (b/f). They looked as confused as I was. Victor shut the door behind us and looked me in the eyes. "We haven't been able to talk one on one for a while. How are your cousins?" He asked me. That's when I knew he knew what happened. Someone told him. He was asking me about my cousins on purpose. But, why? I looked at the ground.

Tears rimmed my (e/c) eyes, but I refused to let them out. "I had to put them in a..." I couldn't let it out. If I did, I would break like my fragile bones. "Foster home." I finished. His eyes widened. This meant no one told him anything. Actually, he just wanted to know how they were doing. That reminded me that I still had to apologize to Yuri. "Listen Victor, I sort of have to-" he took me into a hug. It wasn't just a normal hug, this was the hug I needed the most. This time I didn't resist; I wrapped my arms around him and a tear streaked my cheek. "(Y/n), I'm here for you all the way. I love you."

I dug my head into his shoulder, "I love you too." I told him, hugging him tighter. He tore apart from the hug and put his hand on my head. "If you need to every talk to me about anything, I'm here for you." With that said, we walked back into the rink to find Yuri skating again. "Yuri!" I waved him over to me. He came off the ice and ran to me. "Yeah, What is it (y/n)?" He asked me. I nodded my head towards the exit of the building and he followed me. I was slower because I had crutches. "Why are you taking me outside?" I could tell he was really confused with why we were outside together. "Well, I have to apologize. I'm sorry I acted the way I did a few weeks ago. I was just going through a lot and felt like no one could help me or understand what I was going through." I explained to him.

He looked up at me. "It's okay you don't have to apologize. Some people just have to be alone during sometimes when they are going through something. I've been there before too." I pulled him into a hug. "Hey Yuri..." I began. He looked down at me. "Yeah?" He asked. I pulled away from the hug and looked up at him. "I hate how you're taller than me even though I'm older than you." We laughed together. "I love how I'm taller than you. Since I am so much taller than you are, I have longer legs which means..." I knew what was coming next and got in ready position to go fast with my crutches. "Race you back to the rink!" he yelled. I took off after him, knowing he was taking it easy on me because of my injury.

When we got back inside, I saw (b/f) and Victor talking together. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Victor watch as me and Yuri raced each other around the rink until we met at the bench. "(Y/n) be careful running around like that!" Victor shouted at me. When I made it back to him, I gave him a hug. "Don't worry Victor. I promised too many people I wouldn't get hurt anymore, including my dad." He smiled at my promise and put his hand on my head. "I love you (y/n)." he told me, still smiling. A slight blush appeared on my cheeks, "I love you too. Now, shall we get skating?" I asked him. "Yes, we can." He replied. With that said, we all headed over to the rink. Yuri was up first so that I could prepare and get ready to skate.

As I sat on the sidelines finishing getting ready, I saw Yuri land a triple salchow perfectly. I clapped and cheared for him, "Great job Yuri! Keep up the great work!" I saw a smile form on his face. At that moment, I knew that me cheering him on gave him more confidence. Just a few minutes later, he came off of the ice and it was now my turn. I know it sounds sort of weird, but I was scared a little bit. I mean what if I hurt myself again? For like the third time this competition season. I ignored my fear and took off my knee brace. "Do you need help?" Victor asked me. I nodded and he and Yuri helped me onto the ice. This was it.

    I stood in the middle of the rink. The ice was so cold. It was like I was the magnet and the coldness was the metal I was picking up and attaching to. "Come on (y/n), you've got this." I heard Victor whisper.  He wasn't that far away and I had great hearing. The music started and my feet gracefully skated on the ice. As I spun, my (h/c) hair flew around me, slightly hitting my face at times. The sound of my skates hitting the ice made the adrenaline in me go faster and faster. Time for the jumps. First up the triple axel, I went into the air, spinning and landed successfully. After that one jump, I decided I did enough skating for the day.

    As I came off of the ice, (b/f) gave me a great job high five and Victor gave me a hug. Yuri handed me my crutches, "I think I'm gonna take it easy until the competition tomorrow. Also, great race earlier Yuri. The only reason I didn't win was because I have crutches. I call a rematch when I'm recovered fully." We laughed and he agreed to a rematch. I waved goodbye to Victor and Yuri and went home. (B/f) parked in front of my house to drop me off. "Thanks again for driving me since I can't drive myself. I really appreciate it." I told her. "No problem sister. If there is anything I can do for you just let me know okay." I nodded, "Mhm."

Competition #8
~
    Skaters were covering the ice warming up. I automatically spotted Yuri and Victor and moved towards them. "Hey (y/n). You ready for today? Yuri is kind of nervous." Victor told me. I looked over at Yuri and saw that he was blushing. "I'm ready. Just a little nervous." I replied. I went to the rink to warm up with Yuri. Before I got on the rink, I decided to stretch. I went to a corner and started stretching. Next to me was Yurio who was stretching his legs by doing the splits while checking his phone. I guess he didn't have a choice because his ballet teacher and coach were right next to him. "Attention all skaters, please edit the rink so we can begin the competition. First up is Yuri Katsuki!" They announced. I quickly wished Yuri good luck and off he went onto the ice.

    As always, he did amazing. This time he actually landed all of his jumps perfectly! I was so proud of him. I knew he was struggling with landing that triple salchow but did it! "Next up is (f/n) (l/n)!" This was it. My coach and (b/f) wished me the best of luck and I went onto the ice. My breathing was steady and I was calm. The music started. My body moved to the music and became one with it. I could feel the audiences eyes attached to me and never looking away. It felt good to know that people couldn't take their eyes off of me. It made me feel that I could actually win gold and was doing an amazing job. It was the last jump I had to make. A triple axel. My body spun in the air, and then my skates touched the ice. I did it! I landed the triple axel! The crowd went wild.

   I knew my mom was proud of me. My dad was proud. He was watching me above from heaven.