Chapter two of rewrite

Adamai groaned softly as he peeled his eyes open. His body hurt all over, like a dull ache, and there was sand was in his mouth. He slowly sat up, a bit dizzy, and quickly spit the sand out before rubbing his eyes and looking around. He was on a beach, and bits of their broken ship scattered around him.

"...what happened?" He muttered to himself, trying to remember just what had destroyed their boat.

He and yugo had been up in the crows-nest, sleeping. They'd eaten dinner, then went back to bed, then he woke up and....

Adamai gasped as it all came rushing back to him. The rain, the wind, the wall of water, him and Yugo falling out of the crows-nest and into the ocean. Yugo disappearing beneath the waves and not coming back up.

"Yugo." He muttered with wide eyes as a dose of anxiety coursed through him when he remembered his brother, he quickly stood up and scanned the area for him.

"YUGO!!" He called out, before changing into a tofu and flying high up into the air, trying to scan more of the surrounding area.

He couldn't see Yugo, which only worsened the growing anxiety, but he did see Eva. He zoomed over to were she was collapsed in the sand, transforming back into his natural form.

He quickly unburied her legs, which had been half stuck in the said, before trying to wake her up. "Eva, Eva wake up." Adamai said, shaking her shoulder.

The cra groaned, before prying her eyes open sluggishly.

"Uhg...wha... Adamai, where, where are the others?" She asked, her words slightly mumbled as she slowly sat up with another small groan.

"I don't know, you're the first person I found." He said as he worriedly played with his hands. "Do you think you can stand and walk?" He asked.

Eva nodded, and with the help of Adamai, managed to get to her feet and stay standing.

"Lets go look for everyone, they can't be that far." She said, before beginning the walk down the beach, Adamai quickly following.

-

Yugo groaned softly, slowly peeling his eyes open, only to quickly snap them closed as they were burned by the very bright sunshine. He felt something hard and rough underneath him, scraping his face, and freezing cold water sloshing around his waist, his legs fully submerged in the frigid water.

He opened his eyes again, slow this time to allow them to adjust to the brightness of the world, before looking around.

He was on a rock, well half on a rock, not too far out from an sandy beach -just a couple portal jumps. His head hurt, along with the rest of his body, but mostly just his head. He carefully dragged his soaked lower half up onto the rock.

The water around him was deep, and he didn't trust his body to be able to swim that far -at least not without taking breaks. It wasn't too far portal wise, but was decently far swimming wise.

He stood up, almost loosing balance and falling off the rock, before carefully righting himself. He wrung the water out of his hat before making a portal and jumping into it without a thought.

But the moment the popped out the other side, his body was hit with an intense feeling of nausea, and his headache increased tenfold. He just barely managed to make a portal beneath him, popping out the other side.

Maybe he should have tried his luck with swimming...

He continued to use his portals though, but the moment he was close enough to the beach he flung out one last portal and sent himself through, skidding across the sand on his way out. His head felt like someone was continuously hitting it with a hammer, his stomach felt like there was a whirl pool inside of it, and bile was crawling it's way up the back of his throat with sharp claws.