Chapter 3

HARRY'S POV

 Ron wakes me the next morning. I groan and tell him to let me sleep. In reality, I couldn't, and didn't want to, move. I didn't want to face the day. I didn't want to face Tom. Or Draco. Or Ron. Or Hermione. Or anyone. And I sure as hell, didn't want to live.

DRACO'S POV

 Pansy and Blaise won't talk to me. They're pissed at me for the same reason my knuckles are bruised.

 I walk into the dining hall and look through the Gryffindor table. The instant I realize Harry isn't there, I beeline to the two Weasleys and Granger. Ron groans as I lean against the table, next to Ginny "What, in Merlin's name, do you want, Malfoy?"

 "Where's Harry?" I ask. I know it's stupid, but I really don't a problem with any of them. I just followed what Lucius always told me. Probably not a good idea, considering what he's done to me.

 Ginny is the only one who bothers me. The way she slings herself on Harry. But Harry told her off a few weeks ago. That made me smile. She sighs "That's not none of your business."

 I groan "Can we all just stop this damn bickering for five bloody seconds?" They all give me a questionable look "I'm getting sick of it at this point."

 Granger furrows her brow "Take a seat, Malfoy." I do as told and look around. My eyes fix on the apples, but I quickly look back up at her "Why are you worried about Harry?"

 I scratch my neck "Believe it or not, I want to clean my slate, but I've been an arse for to long, so that'll never happen." I sigh "Honestly, Harry has a tendency of getting under my skin, because he puts himself in danger and I can't help but worry."

 Ron gasps and grips his girlfriend with sarcasm "He does have a heart." he snickers "Why are you actually worried?"

 I set my jaw. I want to punch him, I really do. But, Harry wouldn't approve of that. I sigh "Well, Ron?" he looks at me with a dumb, cocky smirk "I mean it."

 Hermione groans "Okay, put them back in your trousers." she smirks "I'm guessing Draco would win." Ron gives her a frown and she continues "He's in Gryffindor, sleeping."

 "Thanks, Hermione." I smile, before getting up and start to run away, but I stop, turn around and grab two green apples before running out.

HERMIONE'S POV

 Ron sighs "What was that about?"

 It only proved my point. Draco was just trying to impress Harry our first year. He was only trying to make a new friend in the only way he knew how. The way his father showed him. I smile "I think we should give him a chance."

DRACO'S POV

 I reach Gryffindor and quickly hiss "Every flavor beans." The door opens and I walk into a, some what, bright room.

 A small hoot comes from upstairs. I follow a spiral staircase up to the sixth years boys dormitory. Inside I find several beds with name tags on them. All of them are made, except one. In the unmade bed lays a bundle of dark hair. A white owl sits at the bottom of the bed, cleaning it's feathers. The name tag reads 'Harry' in simple black letters, when all the others are colorful and artful. His side table is covered in candy wrappers and medicine bottles. I tap the sleeping figure and he groans "Ron, I told you to let me sleep!"

 I sit on the edge of his bed and smile "It's not Ron."

 He goes quiet for a second before remaining motionless "Draco?"

 "Yeah."

 He reminds still doesn't move "Is anyone else here?"

 I look around in confusion "Only Hedwig." I run a finger over the bird. He leans in my touch and let's out a sweet hoot.

 "Great." he sighs "I can't move... and I gotta use the lou." Probably a side effect from the curse.

 I help him use the laboratory and lay him back in bed "How are you feeling today, mister Potter?"

 I say it cutely and it recessives a scuff "I'm really sore. And my body aches." he sighs "And I have a headache the size of Russia." He groans "Do you mind getting me a glass of water?"

I stand, walking to the bathroom "You know you're the only person to ever survive the killing curse?" I see him nod as I walk into the bathroom. As I return with the glass of water, I motion to the pill bottles "Mind me asking?"

 "Anti-depressens." he sighs. He's pushed himself into a sitting position "I've been taking them since I moved in with the Weasley's." he grabs the pill bottle and swallows one, with water. I take the pill bottle from him and put it back on the side table. He yanks my hand closer to him to examine the bloody knuckles "Bloody hell! What happened to your hand?"

 "After I got back to Slytherin, last night, Riddle was bragging about getting in your pants." I sigh "So, I gave the snake his just desserts."

 Harry let's out a stray chuckle "How bad is the twat." he looks up at me with excited eyes, making my heart ache.

 "Few broken ribs, broken nose and a black eye." I smirk "He was in the medical wing all night."

 His smile drops "He told people that we had sex?"

 I nod "But, that's not the drama going around Slytherin anymore....." he gives me a questionable look and I sigh "After I beated the crap out Riddle, he outted me to all of Slytherin."

 He looks at me in confusion "What do you mean, 'outted you to all of Slytherin'?" he takes a sip of water.

 "I'm gay." he nods and swallows his water "And, Tom and I used to date." his eyes bulge and I shrug "Not my best decision...."

 He scuffs and nods "You could say that." I grabs an apple that I put on the nightstand and bites into it.

 I nod in agreement "I just got pulled out of the closet and now all of Slytherin hates me, because I broke the head boy's nose" I scuff "Apperantly, I did it because I was jealous of you."

 He swallow the apple and squints, biting his lip. Oh, how'd I'd love to bite it for him. You horny bastard. Stop. He's straight and he just got raped. Yesterday. He smirks "Did you to ever..."

 "Not the best first time." I groan and run my fingers through my hair "Let's just say, nothing about him is long or lasting."

 Harry groans and face plants his pillow, letting  long chuckles escape. In this moment, I have never felt more for him. In this moment, I couldn't help but think, what if I wasn't a Slytherin? What if I wasn't a Malfoy? What if I was muggle-born or a Weasley? What if I was a Gryffindor? Would I have seen this part of him earlier?