-Prologue-

First Person P.O.V
___

  I walked onto the train, carefully looking for a place to sit without drawing much attention to myself. I peered through the compartment's windows and find one with a boy who has ginger-like colored hair. Not like a "Weasley-Ginger." It was one of the few with a single person in it.

  "Mind I sit here?" I asked the boy, a raised eyebrow had come along.

  He nodded to sum up an answer, not saying a word.

  Maybe he was shy or something?

  "I'm Y/N Y/L. You are....?"

  "I-I'm Newton Scamander," he said. "But call me Newt, please." He added in a slightly nervous tone.

  What was up with this boy? I didn't even look scary.

  "Well, nice to meet you." I smile a tiny bit.

  "Y-yeah," he says nervously again.

  Jeez, this boy was nervous. Had he never seen a girl?

  "It looks like we're getting closer to our stop at Hogwarts, do you want to walk to the boats together when we arrive?" I asked him, trying to break him out of his shell. I had heard that we go on boats from my parents. Hadn't he been enrolled in primary school? He defiantly didn't go that long without talking.

  He just shrugged his dark blue fabric covered shoulders and nodded.

  "Alright. Now, we just need to change into our robes now." I told him.

  "Oh... Yeah, okay," He says then gets up and walks out the small room.

  Okay... Not a people person.

  I got up too and left the compartment, tripping over the wedge on the ground. I caught myself, scrambling off.

___

  After I changed into my black robes as quickly as possible I head back into the compartment vastly.

  When I sat down I see my owl, Athena, flying over to me just to sit onto my shoulder. She had been named after the goddess who I had taking a liking to.

  I smiled as she nuzzled me.

  I saw Newt come back into the compartment. "You like animals?" He asked.

  "Like is an understatement, love is a more proper term." I explain to him, turning around, showing him my feathery owl.

  "You have a beautiful owl...." He complimented examining her blackish-brown feathers. He ran the finger joint where his finger bent on her light beak.

  "Thank you," I said for Athena.

  He put his index finger to the top of Athena's beak once she became much more comfortable and gently rubbed his finger along her beak.

  "Her name is Athena,"

  "That's a pretty name for an owl, I am just going to go on ahead and guess that you named her that because of the greek goddess, also because that is her symbol."

  I guess he did know a bit about animals.

  We felt the train stop with a loud screeching sound stopping to a hault.

  "Looks like were here," I say.

  "Y-yeah." He stutters, but manages to get it out.

  I suppose animals were all he really enjoyed to talk about.

  Athena flutters onto my fabricated arm and we walked out of the compartment with Newt following us in suit.

  He caught up to end up, being next to me. We walked  to the boats in a sad silence.

___
The Sorting.
___

  "Y/L Y/N!" I heard my name being called out from the talking hat.

  I walked up and sat onto the chair.  A heavy weight is put onto my head making me feel as if I am shrinking down into the chair.

  "Hmm, very wise like a Ravenclaw,
but what is this? Cunning like a Slytherin. You have nerve too. I see... SLYTHERIN!" The Sorting Hat depicts my thoughts.

  Slytherin?

  I feel the hat being taken off my head and I hop off the stool going to the Slytherin table.

  I look to Newt and see him have a wave of disappointment.

  I wonder why.

  "Scamander, Newton!" The hat called out. Newt walked up and sat down.

  "A good heart I do see... Loyal to the people around you... I notice you love animals........" A long pause started. "Let's see... HUFFLEPUFF!" The Sorting Hat announces.

  A wave of saddness rushes over me now. He seemed pretty cool, but quiet though.

  Newt gave a smile to me then heads to the Hufflepuff table. It was a smile of a goodbye for now.

  Me. A Slytherin? How is this even possible?