A letter to my dearest Libelle

Happy Sixteenth birthday my sweet Libelle,

I know that this letter isn't much and I am sorry that I could not be alive to see you grow up into a beautiful, strong, and confident young woman I know you can be. Your mother and I are proud.

And with that being said I feel utterly guilty and ashamed of the actions that I have caused. It has led to my demise, my kingdoms empire having crumbled and you . . . Without a father, but most importantly what I have done to you.

It is high time I explained since I couldn't two years ago since I was shipped out to war. That war was simply no accident.

It is my curse.

It is a curse that I was placed on me when I stole the Unseelie Fae, Moragan's, jewel. At that time, I was still in the hype and love of my hunter days and because it was a way for me to be closer to your mother. I should have been getting close see to you, my daughter.

That curse made my kingdom fall and I knew I needed to run. It was why we ended up in Vricera, remember I told you when it was for business and that cottage was our summer home? I'm sure she must have already guessed something was off but it was, unfortunately, a lie.

   When the curse started to get worse, several of the people whom I followed were dying I knew that it would come for me too. But something I didn't suspect, the curse had fallen to you, to turn you into a beast every midnight on a high moon. When I received a summons just a few weeks after you were twelve and you . . .changed. I knew it would be a matter of time before the curse found its way to me, Moragan foretold my death would fall upon me. So I remarried and I am happy that I met Griselda as she and her two daughters treated you like their own and they weren't afraid of the beast you would turn into every night but please, Libelle keep safe.

There are still Hunters out there and they will kill any and all creature but most importantly stay away from the Fae Moragan. It is not your time now.

Protect yourself  but be kind to yourself for you are only the beast on the outside, not on the inside.

With forever love, your father Arthur Graybane