Chapter 13

The GCPD head quarters was not really a place Edward Nygma would've been too keen on spending his day off. Alas to the bean pole genius's dismay, he had followed Lilli's lead here. It smelled of the usual cigars and chemicals. The air pregnant with the noise of phones ringing, people yelling, and papers being rustled and filed. Edwards refined cranium had catalogued every detail of the GCPD the first day he had stepped into their doors. That had been three years ago. He smelled a familiar cotton candy perfume and turned to see Miss Kringle. She was walking past him and Lilli, carrying a large amount of files. Edward's heart pounded at the sight of his self deemed, most exquisite woman in the world. He almost forgot why he had come to the GCPD in the first place. Kringle looked up sourly to meet his unwanted gaze, a fact that was oblivious to the love struck intellectual. That's when he remembered, he still had his long, skeletal digits entangled with the petite fingers of Lilli's hand. Lilli felt Edward's grip on her hand loosen a little. She turned to see Kristin. The lovely archivist noticed Edward, and Lilli was sure Kringle had also noticed whose hand Edward was holding. The beautiful features of Kristin's face was encased in a look of scorn. Lilli had noticed she always had that look on her face when Edward was interacting with her. She looked to Ed gawking at Kringle, sighing, then releasing his hand. Lilli then walked away, heading to Harvey Bullock's office. Ed turned to Lilli the moment he felt her slip away. She was storming to Detective Bullock's office in a worrisome pace. She slipped into the office, slamming the door in the process.
"Ed what you doing here? Isn't it your day off?" Ed turned to see Gordon standing infront of him.
"Jim, yes it is my day off." Ed said looking back to the office.
"Just wanted to come visit?" Jim asked.
"Uh not necessarily, I'm just running errands with Lilli." That's when Ed saw Jim's eyes widened.
"Errands?! Ed where is Lilli right now?" Gordon asked frantic.
"Detective Bullock's office." Ed didn't get to say he was sure everything was fine because Jim had ran to Harvey's office. Leaving Ed to watch him uneasily. He then heard a small gasp and turned to see that Kristin had dropped some files. Edward immediately went to her aid, instantly forgetting about what might be happening in Harvey's office.
Jim made it into the office in time to see Lilli slamming Harvey's head into a desk. Harvey was protesting noisily, nearly incoherently, nose bloody. Jim could only understand a few words, his blood ran cold when he heard the name "Oswald." Jim Gordon stood there stunned as he watched his ex girlfriend twist Harvey's arm to the point of breaking.
"WHY?" She snarled.
"OW HE SNITCHED TO THE MCU!!! FALCONE ORDERED US TO DO IT!! DAMMIT LILLI WHY DO YOU CARE!!!?" Harvey yelled.
"HE WAS MY FRIEND AND YOU KILLED HIM!!" She roared.
"I DID YOU A FAVOR, PENGUIN WOULDVE DOUBLE CROSSED YOU IN A HEART BEAT OW OW DAMMIT JIM TELL HER!! I DIDNT KILL OSWALD!" Harvey snarled.
"BULLSHIT!" Lilli pulled the taser out of Harvey's belt. The taser buzzed to life, Lilli put it next to Harvey's ear. Jim snapped out of his guilt stricken stupor.
"That's enough kid!" Jim grabbed Lilli by the waist, pulling her struggling form away from Harvey. He expertly locked her left wrist and disarmed it of the taser.
"LET ME GO JIM!!" She cried out. Jim knew she could easily knock him flat on his ass, but he knew she wouldn't. She could never hurt him, and by the looks of it, to Jim's relief, she still wouldn't.
"HE HAD A MOTHER JIM!!" Lilli cried out kicking.
"SO DO MOST PEOPLE!" Harvey yelled. That got him a kick to the face from Lilli.
"SHUT UP HARVEY!" Jim hissed. He pulled Lilli as far as he could get her away from Bullock.
"TELL HER JIM OR I WILL! I DIDNT KILL PENGUIN!" Harvey said again.
"LIAR!" She cried out.
"JIM!" Harvey snarled.
"LILLI ENOUGH!" Jim said spinning Lilli around to look at him.
The two of them had not been this close to each other like this in a longtime. Jim felt a small pang of nostalgia feeling her small frame in his arms. Her hazel eyes swam with anger and sadness. He remembered when they use to light up when they looked his way. He always loved that look, she didn't look at him like that anymore not since they broke up. When she had called things off. He had never told her how much that had hurt him. He knew why she did it, she didn't think she was good enough for him, that was how she was. He had noticed recently that her face lit up for someone else, he had never decided how he felt about it.
"Harvey didn't kill Oswald." Jim said.
"How can you know that Jim?" She said.
"Because I did." Jim's words didn't seem to register. Lilli blinked for a moment not recognizing the man infront of her. She was stunned.
"You...you couldn't have...that's not you." She said.
"I did kid." Jim's words tasted bitter in his mouth. She backed away from him, her eyes filling with rage and betrayal. Harvey stiffened, it was the same look she had gave him before she had attacked.
A disgruntled Edward Nygma was heading to Bullock's office. Mrs. Kringle had eluded him again. She was so flustered that she had forgotten to thank him for helping her with her files. She had nearly started running to Flass's direction when Ed had gave her the last fallen piece of paper. He was wondering what A beautiful classy girl like Kristin saw in the Neanderthal that was Flass when he heard yelling and crashes from Detective Bullock's office. Edward darted in to see Lilli throwing punches at Gordon at lightning speed. All Gordon could do was block them the best he could. Edward couldn't believe what he was seeing. Lilli, his Lilli was expertly fighting/attacking a GCPD officer. The Lilli who he had found battered and bleeding a year ago, the Lilli who would wake him at 4 a.m. To get a spider on the wall because she was too scared to touch it. This couldn't be his Lilli, she wasn't capable of attacking people especially like this. Like she had been doing it for years, like it came natural. He watched her jump and put Gordon in a head lock using her legs. Edward was sure the move took years to master. Gordon didn't fight back and sputtered as he struggled to stay on his feet. Bullock couldn't even dislodge her from Jim. Edward darted toward Jim and Lilli and managed to get his slender arms around her waist, pulling her off Jim Gordon. That's when he heard her snarl and spin around. Next thing Edward knew was he had got a face full of linoleum floor, his glasses were off his face and he had a stinging cheek. That's when realization hit Edward, he looked up into the eyes of a horrified and shocked Lilli. Jim Gordon guiltily watched Lilli look down at the hand that had just struck the man who was the only one now who could make her face light up just by the sight of him. To Entity and Jim's dismay and horror, Lilli slid down to the floor next to Edward and started weeping bitterly. Edward just merely stared at her, not recognizing the girl infront of him.