Chapter 6- Good Morning!

Kate’s POV:

I jumped from the sudden startle of my alarm.  I turn over to see it is 8am. I groan. You see, I am a very heavy sleeper and I need a loud alarm to wake me up. So my alarm is a clock that the alarm is a radio, which I have put very loud. This was good because I was dreaming of Mark…I sighed to myself. A song came on the radio. It was my favourite song by Train!

“Your lipstick stains

  On the front lobe of my left-side brains

  I knew I wouldn’t forget you and so I went and let you blow my mind

  Your sweet moonbeam

  The smell of you in every single dream I dream

   I knew when we collided

  You’re the one I have decided who’s one of my kind

  Hey Soul Sister, ain’t that mister mister on the radio, stereo

  The way you move ain’t fair you know.”

I was disrupted by a knock on the door.

I quickly lowered the volume, not wanting to turn it off when my one of my favourite songs was playing! I was jogging to the door, still in my PJ’s that consisted of dark blue and white spotty trousers and a pink T-Shirt saying ‘I’M SEXY AND I KNOW IT’ I love that song too.

I opened the door and blinked my eyes twice. Coming to my senses, I said, “Hi, what are you doing here?” It was Mark. I couldn’t believe it was him.

“Hi, good morning! Well I couldn’t really sleep and also was half-woken up by someone’s singing…” Mark sniggered. I blushed at that comment.

“I love listening to music so I know nearly all the lyrics to most songs!” I defended myself. Just as I had said that, the song ‘Boyfriend’ came on by Justin Bieber.

“Oh my god, I love this song!” I squealed.  Much to my shock and horror, Mark started doing the rap.

“If I was our boyfriend I’d never let you go.

  I can take you places you ain’t never been before

  Baby take a chance or you’ll never ever know

  I got money in my hands that I’d really like to blow

  Swag swag on you. Chillin’ by he fire while we eatin fondue

  I dunno ‘bout me but I know ‘bout you so say hello to falsetto in three, two” I was about to start doing the chorus as I didn’t want Mark to embarrass himself but he started to sing in perfect pitch. He was a good singer!

“I’d like to be everything you want. Hey girl, let me talk to you.

  If I was your boyfriend, never let you go.

  Keep you on my arm girl, you’d never be alone.

  I can be a gentleman, anything you want.

  If I was your boyfriend, I’d never let you go, never let you go.” In the middle of this verse, Mark started looking at me in an intense stare while he was singing and it gave me the impression like HE was singing it to ME. I had to look away, it felt like his eyes were burning through my skin. As the song played it came to the end with:

“Na na na, na na na, na na na” At this line we started doing silly poses like Vogue. This was the greatest line of the whole song! We both fell about laughing. I stuttered “I’m amazed at how well you know the song and how well you can sing it!” Mark laughed even harder at that.

“Well I hate the actual singer but I think his songs are very catchy and that’s the way it works for me. If a song is catchy, it will stick in my head for a couple of days so that would mean I would have to listen to that song every day. By the time it has been forgotten, I will have learnt the lyrics off by heart”.  I shook my head vigorously of understanding and agreement. I noticed him glancing at my PJ’s and smiling.

“What? They are so comfy- you have no idea.” I retorted. Mark just gave a sarcastic solemn nod. I tapped his arm jokingly and laughed. A moment had gone by and my hand was still on his arm, longer than it should have been. I snatched my hand away and it felt strangely empty.

As if knowing it was going to happen, Mark began to ask me if we should go down and get breakfast just at the same time when my stomach grumbled. Mark laughed. I laughed too.

“Just give me a minute and I’ll get ready. Please, make yourself comfortable.” I said.

I decided to take my whole suitcase inside the bathroom, knowing I would need some time to figure out what to wear. I fumbled through my suitcase, trying to find something decent enough. I found the perfect outfit. It was a navy dress with small white polka dots scattered in a neat pattern. It was tight in the upper body and flowed out as it reached my hips. Perfect. I put that dress on and looked at myself in the mirror. I gasped in horror at the sight of myself. My hair was tangled in a mess and had risen at the back. My face looked a complete mess. I couldn’t believe this was how I had looked when Mark saw me. AAAAH! I feel so embarrassed but I always go by the saying ‘what’s been done has been done’ and you can’t do anything about it or change it. I wash my face and first put on powder. I don’t normally use foundation unless it is a special occasion. Then some eyeliner and no lippy because we were about to eat so it would just come off again! I opened the door and bent over while I placed my suitcase down. I heard a sharp gasp escape from Mark. I stood up straight and couldn’t bring myself to look at him. I turned around and lifted my head slowly to look he was half a metre away.

“You look beautiful”, he whispered. I mumbled my thanks. I was so embarrassed! I had never gotten so many comments before like that. 

“Shall we go?” I said. “Yes let’s go!” Mark said, over enthusiastic. I laughed at his sarcasm and we stepped outside the door and left my room.