Chapter 5: A Bitter Reunion

You leaned against the wall of the small room, your fingers rubbing the bridge of your nose with your other arm crossed. Asuma and Gai were talking to one another, but you weren't even paying attention to them. Kurenai looked at you worringly, unsure of what you were going to do or what you were going to say. You slowly crossed your arms and raised your head to look at a passed out Kakashi lying in his bed.

"How long ago was this?' you asked softly, still looking at Kakashi.

"A couple of hours ago..." said Kurenai, also looking at Kakashi. Your mind was in a slight shock from the condition Kakashi was in and about the two men who had gone into your apartment.

'It had to have been him...' you thought to yourself, 'it would be the only explanation...but why the hell would he come to my place? Sasuke wasn't even there, neither was Naruto!' you sighed heavily, trying to get your mind to relax. All of a sudden you heard the door open and you looked through the corner of your eye to see Sasuke walking into the room. He looked confused, curious, and then furious all at the same time.

"Why is Kakashi-sensei asleep? And why is this room filled with Jonin? What's going on here?" he demanded, looking at all the Jonin in the room. Then he turned and saw you, but you just looked back at him gravley. You didn't want to be the one to tell him.

No one answered him; but then again, no one needed too when suddenly another ninja popped in at the door and shouted,

"Is it true that Itachi is back?!" Everyone froze at the mention of Itachi's name, "And is it true that he's come to get Naruto?-huh?" he finally saw Sasuke slowly turning to look at him.

"Idiot..." muttered Kurenai. You looked at Sasuke and saw his eyes go big and his knuckles go white. All of a sudden he burst past Gai and the other ninja, running out of the building. Gai stood up, yelling something when suddenly you pushed past the two of them, running after Sasuke.

"SASUKE!" you shouted, chasing after him as fast as you could go. You could not let him get to Itachi, you just couldn't! You trained with Itachi before, you knew how strong he was. And since the years past, you knew he must have gotten even stronger.

~*~*~*~**~ FLASH BACK *~*~*~*~*~*~

"Aw come on Itachi! You already know you're better then me, so why do you have to prove it to me in training?" you said, crossing your arms and pouting playfully. Itachi turned to look at you, his ANBU mask in one hand and shuriken in the other. He had a smirk on his face as he walked up to you.

"Quit your whining and let's get started," he said, putting his ANBU mask on and getting ready for you to start attacking. You sighed and rolled your eyes, suddenly jumping into the trees. Itachi may have been better at you at some things, but you were still good. You skillfully jumped from branch to branch, so quickly that there wasn't even a blur of color.

You could see him still down in the clearing, clearly looking for you. You smirked and took a half centimeter step only to quickly take your foot back as shurkien struck where you foot was. Your eyes narrowed down at the shurkien by your foot.

Then, you got an idea. You quickly did some hand signs, and saw your shadow clone the whole way on the other side of the clearing in the trees. You made the clone move as fast as you could, just to make it convincing to Itachi. Itachi turned to look at your clone through his ANBU mask. You knew he would use his sharingan and he'd instantly know that it wasn't the real you so now was your chance. You jumped out of your hiding place, pulling out your sword as you quickly dove down at Itachi.

You sliced at him before you realized you had sliced air. You quickly turned around when you landed on the ground, knowing perfectly well where he was. Suddenly, two hands grabbed your wrists, causing you to drop your sword. You glared at the ANBU masked face that was staring back at you. You felt his foot suddenly slide under yours, making your lose your balance. But as you fell to the ground, you grabbed his shirt, making him fall with you.