Pandora (Prologue)

A thousand years ago today planet Earth was decimated by radiation. Radiation that killed everyone and everything, except for the few of us that managed to escape on the Ark. Which from stories that have been passed down from generation to generation to my species, isn’t many. Well, compared to how we started that is.

   When our species, the human species, were still on Earth there was approximately 9.7 billion humans. When we ran to the Ark we were reduced to 502 million. As of today my species is down to 1.2 million survivors and dropping.

   Why do you ask, has the human population been decreasing. That’s easy; the answer is “The Grey Heads”. The alien species that occupied this planet before we did. The owners of this planet that we call home. What planet do we live on, you wonder? The Grey Heads call it Dresdin, but us humans secretly call it Pandora. From the story in which, if you open Pandora’s box all the dangerous and vile creatures will come out.

   This is quite an accurate description to how it is here. Except all the dangerous and evil creatures are those that originated here on Pandora.

The Grey Heads have slowly killed off my kind for centuries. Used them as test subjects, experimentation and many countless, unspeakable things.