Chapter 2

I woke up feeling sick to my stomach, I could feel everything rock back and forth. That's when it all hit me, I remembered everything that happened, and it wasn't a dream. I slowly opened my eyes to the sun glaring right at me. I could feel that I was still lying on Zach and I came to my senses.

"She's waking up." I heard Zach say. "Alright don't scare her." Said Jonah. "Wasn't planning on it bro." Zach said annoyed. I started to lift my body up to sit up and Zach put his hands on my hips to help me sit straight. "Thanks," I said rubbing my eyes. "Sure." He said sitting up so I was between his legs. I looked all around us and there wasn't any land to be seen, that's when I started to get nervous. "W-w-where are we?!" I asked moving my head back and forth hoping for land to magically appear. "How far and long have we been drifting out to sea!" I Yelled feeling sick to my stomach. All my anxiety came rushing to me and I couldn't calm down. "(Y/n) calm down we are gonna figure something out." Jonah said putting his hand on my arm, but that just made me more upset. "I'm not stupid! We are gonna fucking die, shit why did this have to happen now!" I Said crying while trying to stand up on the raft but Zach grabbed my arm and waist and pulled me back down between his leg and against his chest. "Don't scare her." He said sarcastically and Jonah rolled his eyes. "(Y/n), just go back to sleep. We are gonna deal with this." He said holding me in his arms not letting me go. "I can't sleep. (Y/f/n) was still on the cruise ship and I don't even know if she made it off safely. I feel like a failure to just abandon my best friend on a ship that could be the death of her!" I said crying. "I'm sorry." He said pulling me tighter against his body. "Zach's right tho (y/n), you should rest. This wasn't your fault." Daniel said looking out to the open ocean. "It doesn't matter, I will never be able to live with myself Daniel. I just want to go back." I Said calming down. "We all do." Zach said rubbing my back.

After that everyone was quiet as we drifted farther out but I couldn't take it anymore, so I got up and out of the grips of Zach started to use my hands to paddle us back. "What are you doing?" Zach asked looking at me confused. "I'm not gonna just sit there and do nothing so help me and start paddling." I Said to all the boys and they did with hesitation at first. Was it low key pointless? Yes, but it was better than nothing.

After paddling for not even 30 minutes I saw something big swim under the raft. "Ummm guys?!" I said shocked. "What the fuck is that!" Daniel and Jonah said. I guess I wasn't the only one who saw it, but there wasn't just one, there were hundreds coming towards us. "Shit, there fucking sharks!" Zach yelled hitting the water. And he was right they started becoming aggressive by hitting the raft making us almost flip over. "Fuck! Guys you go to the left side of the raft and me and (y/n) will stay here, there is no way we are flipping into the water." Zach said pulling me to his side. "Okay!" Jonah said holding on to the left side. At this point sharks were circling the raft and swam right against it harder each time making the raft seem so weak and defenseless. "No matter what don't let go!" Zach yelled. "Wasn't planning on it!" Yelled back Daniel to lighten the mood. And it worked, although we had hundreds of sharks swarming us it all made us laugh.

But the laughing changed to horror. We were too busy laughing to see the largest shark swim right towards my area of the rift making me lose my grip and falling into the water. "NOOOO (Y/N)!!?" Yelled all the boys. I saw Zach try to reach for me before i hit the water but he wasn't fast enough. I closed my eyes entering the water cuz I was too afraid to look, I could feel sharks swim against me or bump into the whole time. But I knew I had to get out so I opened my eyes to see thousands of sharks swimming all at once and I could feel myself start to lose control. It wasn't until I turned my head did I see the same shark that made me fall off the raft swim towards me. The closer it got the more it opened it's mouth and that's when my adrenaline kicked in. I started swimming backwards away from the shark cuz I couldn't get myself to looked away, which made my fear worst. But there was no point, although I managed to make it to the raft the sharks was already seconds away from me and I gave up, I closed my eyes waiting for the shark to finish me off. But I jumped as I felt hands pull me up towards to surface and saw that it was Zach, but the shark was still coming. Zach noticed too and the minute it came to us he kicked it in the nose and as it turned he kicked it in the eye while still pulling us both up to the raft.

Zach pushed me on the raft first and then we all helped him on afterwards. "Why did you give up!" Zach said grabbing my shoulders. "You were so close and I saw you stop! Why did you do that!" He said gripping me harder. I could see that he was upset and I didn't know why, we weren't close. "Because there is no point! Paddling is false hope, and I realize that more now. We are gonna die eventually out here. I just wanted a easy way out, and I was able to use this as my way." I Said tearing up. "Your so stupid!" He said pulling me into a hug while rolling his eyes. "(Y/n) not like that." Jonah said rubbing his forehead. "Don't ever do that again, I mean it." Zach said breathing heavily. "Okay.." I said closing my eyes. "Yeah we don't need to feel like failures too." Daniel said lying back. "Shut up." Zach snapped back at Daniel. "Just saying," Daniel said putting his hands up. After hugging Zach for so long the sharks seemed to have passed making the raft calm again and everyone was back to wondering what would happen next.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 3 coming soon💜

Follow for updates and read my other books