Chapter 3

I walked into the Curtis house fifteen minutes later. "I knew she couldn't stay away from us." Two-Bit commented. I rolled my eyes and sat down on the couch between Soda and Steve. "Where's your partner in crime?" Steve asked.
"Asleep in my room." He nodded.
"Why'd he even come with you?" Steve asked.
"Because unlike you he actually likes to spend time with me." He just rolled his eyes. "Plus he's too lazy to look for any more roles." He nodded and said something along the lines of "that sound more likely."
I looked over at Soda. "You talked to me on the phone. You gonna talk to me now?" I asked. He stayed quiet.
"I think he's broken," I said. Steve just laughed. I saw him shoot a look at Steve, then one to the rest of the gang that sent them shuffling out of the room. I looked at Soda. "Where'd they go?"
"They had to go check on something." I nodded.
I felt the note in my pocket and pulled it out. "Hey, Soda. I found something in my room." He looked at me hopefully.
"What did you find?"
"well...I found this," I said, unfolding the note. He smiled knowing exactly what it was.
"So it wasn't too hard to find?" He asked.
"I wouldn't have seen it until tomorrow. Rob seen it."
"How come?"
"I jumped on my bed and just laid there." Soda nodded. We were quiet for what seemed like forever.
Soda looked over at me. "Why didn't you want to talk to any of us on the phone while you was gone?" He asked.
"It broke my heart talking to Steve, let alone you or the rest of the gang. I would cry for hours after I talked to Steve on the phone." He nodded in understanding.
"If you liked it so much in LA why did you cry after talking to us on the phone?"
"I loved LA, but I loved what I left in Tulsa more than what all the money that I ever earned could buy." He looked over at me.
"And what's that?"
"You," I replied.
He smiled. "Well, what I love has been in LA for the past three years acting like a total idiot and blonde on tv with four other people."
I grinned. "Well, what was that? I might have seen it." He chuckled to himself.
"It was you JD."
I felt my cheeks heat up hearing him say that. He leaned in to kiss me. About that same time the door to the Curtis house open. "SODAPOP!" Sandy screamed. We both jumped up knowing that we had been caught. Sandy grabbed Soda by the ear dragging him to his room so she could scold him like a puppy dog. I sighed as the rest of the gang walked into the living room.
"What's wrong?" Steve asked.
"Oh, Wicked Witch of the West walked in," I said, crumpling up the paper and throwing it into the trash can.
"What was that?" Steve asked.
"My dreams." I stood up and walking out the door.
I heard Steve mutter, "dramatic much," and as I walked out the door, I yelled back, "I'm an actor, it's my job!" I still had Steve's keys so I drove home.
I tossed the keys onto the table and walked into my room where Rob was fast asleep. I climbed into the bed beside him and cuddled up to him then silently cried myself to sleep.