someone to call home - a bellarke oneshot

a bellarke oneshot ~

(In which the 100 were not taken to any place by the mountain men, because I am not smart enough to work that into this. The ship with all the ark residents landed much farther away than in the show, and there was no big grounder attack. No camp blown up- and Octavia and Monty are still there.)

Clarke stared wistfully at the old oak, remembering all the memories she’d made here.

The surviving members of the ark had reached the earth 10 years ago, but it had taken a while for the delinquents and the members of the ark to actually meet again. The earth, they knew, was huge, but to truly understand just how vast it was, she thought, you had to walk across every grass patch, every broken twig, every splatter of mud, having only the hope of reaching a final destination, somewhere to call home.

She’d be thrilled to see her mother alive- of course she had, but the hurt had still been there, her mother had been responsible for her father’s death, and no matter Clarke loved her, every time she would look into her eyes, she’d see the echo of her father’s staring back at her.

They had tried to rebuild their society on earth, but how could they? With the constant threat of grounders- people who knew the earth much better than they could ever hope to, who understood its ways, both good and bad.

It’d been a wonder they’d lasted through that year, the remaining of the 100. The grounder had been merciless with their attacks, they’d come while they slept, and if by some miracle, they’d been able to fend them off for the night, save a few more lives, then they would strike again in the following days, while they were at the weakest. Only the strongest had survived, and heartbreakingly- Monty hadn’t been one of them.

Jasper had wept for days after his death; he wouldn’t let anyone touch either of them, begging his friend to return to him from whatever dark place he had ascended to.

There had been days, Clarke admitted, where she wondered if it would be easier to simply succumb to the darkness that grew larger each day. With each passing day, survival became harder, and she wished for the days when acid fog and approaching winter had worried them the most.

She’d fallen into a depression so deep that she only crawled out of when the residents of the ark arrived.

Many of them had perished too, travelling on stomachs only a quarter full- with nuts, or berries. Abby had not perished, and was one of the only reasons that half of them got there- her medical experience had kept them alive.

Everything had improved from their arrival. Only days after they had come, a messenger of the water people had arrived.

The water people were people of peace, and did not approve of the raging attack on the 100. They offered their services to help, though warned they would not be of much assistance if it came down to a war- they were not fighters.

They really had nothing to lose- they were at war already- and they were losing.

Most of the 100 had not been optimistic about their chances of living, and so, while the water people debated with the grounders concerning the 100, they spent these days, this little time, in surrounding themselves with people they loved, and in their own way, gave up on the fight.

Bellamy and Clarke had refused. She had survived the year, she knew she could survive this. They spent late, long nights leaning over maps, debating heatedly about what they should do, if the grounders were to refuse a peace treaty.

Clarke couldn’t help but smile again at the memories of those nights.

“Tell me you’re kidding.” She’d spoke, her eyebrows knitted together, giving him a look as though she were speaking to nothing more than a child.